Failure to be professional

Uninvited Quest

Right to begin with my issue is with Spacemansparks, I believe he was abusing his power after already issuing a warning, and instead of simply ignoring my discussion with him that he apparently had a problem with, he banned me to shut me up. It was my first game as antag, and considering how many hours I put in such a short time on the server this is quite pathetic for behavior. No I'm not saying what I did was right nor saying I'm fine about it, but I am saying he already issued his punishment and made this personal simply because he was hit by said incident in game as well.  Which does not a professional admin make, even though the staff have ignored my ahelps when people were doing similar which I brought up to him but he shoved that aside. These are the only screencaps I have, but I imagine you can gain logs, then again I also imagine most of the comments are gonna be 'you're an idiot' or such since admins cover each other like peanut butter on a cracker, but oh well. I'm just issuing this so they know, even if nothing ever is done to staff.

unknown.png  unknown.png

And before anyone says it yes I'm aware I wasn't acting on my best behavior, but I certainly wasn't being too far out of line. I was treating him as he treated me, he acted like I was just a moronic child, so I treated him similarly. This is not the behavior of a staff member, it's the behavior of a man that just wants some power in his life from lacking it. That's my side of things. 

Can't wait to read the 20 other admin replies saying he's fine and just been through some hard times or such.

• Salt 1

This wouldn't be as bad, if he didn't have a literal wall of posted notes with complaints written about everything from his attitude, to his attentiveness, to his refusal to communicate even, it makes me believe in all regards, this was just a man who got hurt in game, couldn't handle being called out in those DMs about it, then threw the ban hammer down knowing full well ban appeals and admin complaint tickets get sucked into a void usually. as with most servers.

Your ckey (Byond username): Abydos2
Your Discord name (if applicable): Jeneta / Kiya / Spark's IRC

Involvment in incident: Witness / Victim / Bystander

Disagreement with described events:
I recall this round heavily and was one of the people on the shuttle when it happened. There were about 20 of us on the shuttle, maybe even more. Half of people were mucking about, other half were just chilling up in the corner of the right, I was one of the people in the right. Me and 3-4 others were just mucking about with the drink machine.. then you came along, Uninvited Quest, as a changeling.. releasing a plasma bomb that killed EVERYONE on the shuttle. This was JUST as the shuttle launched to CC too.

I died to the plasma because I had the virology virus on me, and toxin overlord.. then when the round ended, we found out that you didn't have a hijack objective.. you had an objective to kill one person. And the only excuse you practically had was "I felt like it / it was fun / I'm an antag so I can". So you murder-boned, straight murder-boned over 20 people all for "because I can". And then you kicked up a huge fuss about it on Discord, literally posting those screenshots on the Discord and saying Sparks shouldn't be admin because he enforced the rules on you.

"Rule 6: The role of the Antagonist may pit you against the station. However, this is not grounds for murderboning the entire crew if your objective is to steal a jetpack, as you must work towards your objectives, not general mayhem."

Sparks.png

Sparks2.png

Sparks3.png

Having looked at the logs:
- You shouldn't have used a plasma fire to kill one guy. Especially on the shuttle. The fact it was your last chance to kill your target was not relevant.
- Spark was correct in labeling this excessive. He was also correct to note that while you may have been angry about your earlier arrest for "being a nerd", that doesn't excuse you lighting up the shuttle in plasma fire.
- Your comments such as "Nah I get it you gotta show people your place and power, I get it." and "It's cute but still." towards Spark were inappropriate. You were being given a warning for misconduct. To make accusations against the issuing admin for merely enforcing the rules, during the process of them warning you, is not okay.
- Accusing Spark of personal bias because "I think you are only upset because you were caught in that plasma fire." is also inappropriate. Again, making personal accusations against the admin currently warning you for misconduct is not appropriate. You shouldn't have done what you did, regardless of which admin was warning you, or whether they personally suffered from your actions or not. If you truly think that an admin gave you a warning or ban for purely personal reasons, the proper place to bring that up is here, in the AC forum, NOT in adminPM while they're in the process of warning you.
- Claiming you did not know you weren't allowed to plasma fire the shuttle as an antag may have worked in your favor if, immediately following this, you apologized, promised NEVER to do it again, and generally accepted the warning as given. You did not do this. Instead, in the very same line as you claiming this, you also claimed that Spark was only giving you the warning because they were mad at you because their character was personally affected by the fire.
- At one point, in presumably replying to your "I'm just a man who is only an antagonist"... Spark replied "boy". He meant it to mean "what?" (he tells me), but I could see how it could be interpreted in a less favorable way. I've asked him to use clearer language in future.
- Following your server ban, you also earned a Discord ban for discussing your ban there. See Discord rule 4, "Bans and other punishments should be between the administrator team and the player, please do not discuss any active bans or disciplinary actions in this Discord". Your feelings of being treated unfairly do not, in any way, justify you violating the clearly declared rules of our Discord.

Aside from one case of wording that could be misinterpreted, I see no issue with Spark's conduct here.

Indeed, he tried to let you off with a warning, even though you plasma-fired the shuttle.

It only got upgraded to a server ban, and then a discord ban, because you insisted on insulting Spark, and breaking the rules further, rather than taking proper responsibility for your actions.

• honk 1
  • fastparrot 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use