More Meaningful Station Objectives

SkeletalElite

BSA- make able to be aimed like telesci, using math, additionally allow a few different settings for explosion size and maybe a non lethal mode. Perhaps there could also be a button to enable AI control which allow AI to target an area with it by just clicking the tile, however there will be a delay before it fires to "calculate" the trajectory.

DNA Vault- Choose a bundle of themed powers. Like "ascended mind" could have a set of powers like xray,  TK, and mind speaking. "Enhanced Body" could encompass of a variety of movement abilitys like no encumberance, speed boost, and leap. Greater Mobility could enhance your range of traversable habitats by giving your heat proof, cold proof, no breath, shock proof. There could be a stealth based one that gives, cloak of shadows, night vision, chameleon, and make you untraceable via cameras. Possibly others Im not thinking of, you only get to pick one.

Station Shield- I have no idea, this thing is just as useless as it gets.

Edited by SkeletalElite
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say add entirely new objectives. Say, completing the construction zone, or other such big projects for extended rounds. And objectives that require every single department to collaborate. Sure seems as though the station shield, BSA, and DNA vault only really need engineering. Still relatively new, and only played engi once or twice, so I could be wrong on this.

it seems like you want changes to be made for a bigger payoff, which doesn't translate to being more meaningful. Even if the BSA was easier to aim and use, it doesn't get used, and there's no payoff to building it anyway, since it's usually just "oh, we did it, it fired." Even DNA vault, in it's current state, after the time invested, it's not usually that the powers come into play for much, as it's too late to have impact, and if it was as overpowered as suggested, and rushed for, then there would be complaints from antagonists who were wrecked by super-crew.

I do wish however, that there was more inter-departmental co-operative goals, despite people always having the complaints that others will not carry their own weight when it comes to this. My main issue is always with people wanting to subvert teamwork in favor of doing everything themselves, or making their own X, Y or Z.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ID404NotFound said:

it seems like you want changes to be made for a bigger payoff, which doesn't translate to being more meaningful. Even if the BSA was easier to aim and use, it doesn't get used, and there's no payoff to building it anyway, since it's usually just "oh, we did it, it fired." Even DNA vault, in it's current state, after the time invested, it's not usually that the powers come into play for much, as it's too late to have impact, and if it was as overpowered as suggested, and rushed for, then there would be complaints from antagonists who were wrecked by super-crew.

I do wish however, that there was more inter-departmental co-operative goals, despite people always having the complaints that others will not carry their own weight when it comes to this. My main issue is always with people wanting to subvert teamwork in favor of doing everything themselves, or making their own X, Y or Z.

Right now there just isn't a whole lot of reason to build anything that isn't the DNA vault, and the DNA vault also happens to be the hardest to build out of all them, so I just think there should be more incentive to build them really, like making the payoff something worth getting. If the BSA is really a problem then, there could be a fire delay with a sound that is played at the fire location so that anyone on the other side gets a warning to get out of the way and that would still be less powerful than just using telesci to teleport explosives onto your target. The DNA vault, while it's effect would be more powerful is not limited to just security as a DNA vault is pretty much exclusively built in public places and the antagonists can benefit from it too.

Edited by SkeletalElite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use