Let's discuss how to give RND more actual jobs

Landerlow

After the recent nerf of medbay (which the majority downvoted but got merged anyway), RnD has even less of a job to do during rounds, with one of the most critical departments almost not in need of updates. They should have just instead of this nerf, removed cloning entirely, but that's neither here nor there.

The thing is, with this nerf, RnD has even less of a job to do. After maxing RnD levels, the 'scientists' usually just fuck about doing telescience, some xenobio or just print all cool shit and do nothing much else. Sometimes give departments stuff, if they even actually staff the desk.

But the NSS Cyberiad is a science station. So we should really have some more actual science to do.

We should have (IMO) more RnG based-content, things to discover. Or overhaul the current RnD process entirely. Now you can literally do 'RnD in ten minutes or less'.

I'll be thinking of things.

Post your ideas!

• Like 1

Random sciences from random items each round.

No more deathnettle for combat each round, maybe its something else, the barkeeps shottie? A cleaver? WHO KNOWS.

And thats all i have for now

Maybe not random values to items, but how about:

We compile a list of high tech endgame items (Xray, implants, certain mech upgrades, telescience, etc.). Maybe make a few more. In every shift, a random subselection of these is available. Science doesn't know which ones. Then we'd make them harder to research.

Or is that just tedious?

So do you mean, sometimes we have xray, sometimes we don't? That *would* be awesome if that was possible, it would also help (not always, I admit) with x-ray OP'ness, etc.  So not all of these are available every shift, and not all at once, that would be grand.

Science has to be more RnG, otherwise there is no *science* to it.

• Like 1

I totally agree that RnD has a slightly lesser of a job since the recent medbay nerf, but I don't think that loss of 10 seconds of walking into medbay and clicking on the sleepers is removing anything from RnD. I would like to note, however, that the sleepers were the most notable upgrade that RnD could give (next to IMSs).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use