More greytide gratifying stealables!

Kryson

Of course you COULD be stricter on tiding, but you could also be more permissible. 

I think tiding should be allowed on red and security should have to prioritize how much resources they spend to chase the tiders down. This already how it defacto works, the no tiding on red rule is seemingly not enforced at all.

Just because disaster strikes does not mean petty crime stops.

I actually think greytiding adds to the game by providing tension, unpredictability and low stakes arrests for sec.

Me selling the genuine Bob Ross to the bartender or giving all of captains clothes to the clown is not going to ruin anyone's round.

31 minutes ago, Kryson said:

I think tiding should be allowed on red and security should have to prioritize how much resources they spend to chase the tiders down. This already how it defacto works, the no tiding on red rule is seemingly not enforced at all.

Just because disaster strikes does not mean petty crime stops.

I actually think greytiding adds to the game by providing tension, unpredictability and low stakes arrests for sec.

You don't play security at all, do you? Or at least not much? 

I agree greytiding helps give security something to do early on, but if you don't have the capacity to cut the shit once stuff gets busy for security then you are just being a prick for the sake of being a prick and not actually trying to make anything interesting for anyone but yourself.

It is unimaginably annoying and stressful when its code red and there is a known dangerous threat on the station and some dipshit is getting in the way cuz "lel muh pranks" completely ignoring the fact that half of security is dead and the rest are already overworked.

From an IC perspective, once its code red and there is a known dangerous threat, you should actually give a shit about trying not to be a bother to security so they can better prevent you from being killed by said threat.

I also agree with Alffd, if you are gonna greytide hard, accept the consequences when you are caught. If you take it on the chin and get back out there to do your thing once your time is up, you are actually trying to make the round interesting. If you are just gonna spam comms and whatever else with salt when you get caught, you are clearly just being an asshole to security cuz they are authority and you are taking our your frustrations you have with the authority figures IRL (parents, teachers, boss).

Security are players too, and whatever hell you personally feel like you are dealing with, chances are they are dealing with worse. Respect your fellow player lol

Edited by ZN23X
  • Thanks 1

Honestly if it were to me the HoS should be able to declare martial law and thus can perma or exile greytiders who just dont know when to stop. Dont slip sec when you are not antag nor have a veey good reason while some red haired catgirl s dying in sci maints to shadow changling. Petty crimes are busywork and criminals crying for IAAs to help them (which they do then) is really annoying. Agreeing with what is said. That stuff shouldnt really be encouraged with more lesser steal items.

47 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

It is unimaginably annoying and stressful when its code red and there is a known dangerous threat on the station and some dipshit is getting in the way cuz "lel muh pranks" completely ignoring the fact that half of security is dead and the rest are already overworked.

I find that most rounds security actually has the upper hand and are not killed en masse and, I have played a lot of coroner lately and most round not a single sec officer end up in the morgue. On the flip side quite a number of antagonists are taken out of the round each shift and only one or two usually greentext.

And this is despite many sec officer being new, horribly bald and unrobust.

So many of the stories of SS13 involve greytide in one way or another, I dont think throwing a tiny little bone to this essential part of the playerbase or updating the rules to more reflect how they are actually enforced are going to change this dynamic much.

When i say greytiding, I am talking of burglary during cling / vampire / traitor rounds mainly. If you are taking a break from chasing a fully powered vampire to extract some assistant from the kitchen, you got your priorities wrong.

Edited by Kryson

@Kryson I'm talking about borderline antag behavior as greytide. Any good security player eventually ignores lesser crimes when the snowball of shit they are dealing with gets too big. I'm specifically talking about the players who try to be a noticeable nuisance to sec on code red. The only way the minor stuff is a bother to sec on code red s the flood of PDA messages or callouts on comms for the minor stuff that goes ignored. Just more spam.

You also don't see a lot of officers end up in the morgue cuz their bodies are usually destroyed or spaced so they CANT come back. And any time their bodies are recovered they are cloned as a priority so they can get back in the fight, so all you'd get in the morgue is a naked body and probably unidentifiable body since they'll take all their gear from their corpse and they were most likely wrecked by something severe. 

Antags also frequently outnumber security on high pop rounds. There are mixed Traitor/Vamp/Cling rounds where there are literally 20sih antags. Fully staffed security (including the brig doc, warden, and detective who SHOULDN'T be fighting antags) is a total of 12 members, maybe 16 if you get a lot of borgs. And that's if security is even fully staffed.  Security has to deal with that, while typically having the disadvantage gear/ability wise over many of the antags, while also lacking the element of surprise since we stand out like a sore thumb whereas the antags are hidden. Even on low pop there tends to be 5-10 antags where there is only half that many people playing sec, if anyone at all. Add greytide on top of that, it can be awful.

You also need to realize that security doesn't know if you are or aren't an antag. YOU know you aren't. They do not.

Play a few hundred hours in sec, you'll see what I mean.

Again tho, I think we are talking about different types of greytide. If you are just talking about minor thefts n break ins when more important shit is going on, I promise nobody even notices what you are doing except maybe people in your immediate vicinity, so if that what entertains you, have a blast. I personally got bored of that after a few rounds of doing it. If doing that for endless hours keeps you entertained, who am I to judge. Could view me as equally insane for thinking playing security for endless hours is entertaining. Different strokes for different folks.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use