Vulpkanin Hair Styles

fishstix4dayz

I looked through every vulpkanin hair style and couldn't find what i was looking for. I suggest adding some longer hair options and not just super short stuff. If you think this is a good idea I suggest or just want more info/examples reply. 

• Thanks 1

If you can sprite/can find someone to sprite/can port other hairstyles then we can do this. I for one support the idea of more freedom with hairstyles and such, but cannot do what you want. I'm sure if you try you'll find someone who can do this! Look to our github to make a PR if you're able to add them yourself even!

Ok, so i figured out what it's called(spriting) problem is, i can't find a tutorial on hair. I see items, hats, objects etc. Can someone please message me a link to hair tutorials and i'll gladly work on it.

Edited by fishstix4dayz

There should be two things you will need to edit: code\modules\mob\new_player\sprite_accessories.dm, to allow the selection of the hairstyle. The icon_state needs to be the exact same name of the sprite found in icon\mob\human_face.dmi, where you would add the sprite. Never done such myself, but looking at it, that would be my best guess to edit and add hairstyles. There should be enough already defined hairsytles that you can compare them and reproduce similar.

Well, they start disassembled, so to speak, icons\mob\human_races\r_vulpkanin.dmi would have all the parts, you are probably mostly interested in the head and torso, could also check for existing vulpkanin hairstyles, and adapt from that. Otherwise, you should be able to test if it's fitting without recompiling with some varediting and uploading the fitting dmi, or recompile to test if it fits.

If you want faster/real time feedback, have you considered joining the discord? Coder Chat should have some spriters online that can help you/give you tips.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use