Job Specific Cyborg Upgrades

TheClosetMailman

First off, why?

Recently when i`ve played borg, i couldn`t help but notice how few and far the upgrades, most of them being minor quality of life changes such as better battery`s, spaceflight/Fastmos immunity and faster movement.

Along with that, as rounds progress, borgs end up lacking in several areas as the human(oid)s get better gear and implants.

Engineering Borg

Plasteel storage upgrade: Does what it says on the tin, grants the borg access to plasteel, whenever it would be like the other materials or inserted/ingested manually into the storage, is up to coders.

Storebox Upgrade: Allows the borg to store things such as camera assemblies and circuits, for use in machine constructions.

Recollector: Click on a tile with building materials laying around and poof, picked up and added to your reserves, this upgrade is for all those times your bio comrades leave their jobs with stuff laying around, angering the janiborg.

Medical Borg

Biomechanical hand: A hand, but on a borg, can do hand things, it`s amazing.    In all seriousness, how many times have a patient not died on the table because you couldn`t reach in and add those lifesaving implants?

Hypospray upgrade: Upgrades the borgs usual supply with their more effective counterparts, hydrocone being excluded however, as morphine would be bad.

Cart Grip Upgrade: Simple, now fastmos won`t steal the dying HOP from you while he`s on your cart.

Bodybag Vacuum: Point at anyone/anything lying down, suck them in and out on the other end comes a bodybag with the name of the ID they`re carrying written on it.

Janitorial Borg

Thrashbag Upgrade: Grants the borg a thrashbag of holding, hooray?

Wide Nozzle Upgrade: Would exist in a version for the janicart and the janiborg, allows the borg to activate it to clean in a 3X3 pattern while moving around, at the cost of more power being consumed.

Cleano-Bang Upgrade: Essentially a cleaner grenade, but emenating from the borg, a ability you activate from the buttons to the upper-left screen, costing 1000 power per use.

Security Borg

Jailer Upgrade: Too many criminals? Point this at any cuffed criminal and they`ll be forced into a lovely, secure spot in the inside of you, allowing you to drag off two culprits instead of one, or for VIP prisoners.

Terminal Upgrade: Activate this upgrade and the borg becomes anchored to the floor, but can be used by any security personnel to check records, cameras and even suit sensors, for Borg-Sec tag teams!

Pepperspray dispenser: Morons all around you? Activate this upgrade to spray pepperspray in a 3X3 pattern around you! 

Other borgs

Musical upgrade: Grants the service borg more instruments, because lets face it, synthetizer gets boring.

Greytide Upgrade: Grants the Standard borg all the priviliges of greytiders, such as signs to wave at passerbys, crayons and a fake holomoustache.

Looks interesting, apart from the jailer upgrade, sec borgs are in my opinion annoying enough to deal with as antag... Also certain individuals would then scream the V word which I am not going to type out now.

• clown 1

i dunno about some of these, in my opinion borgs exist to fill out the role of doing basic things much MUCH better than humans, like repairs, injecting healing chems, etc. but also make them rely on people to do more complex things like organ transplants, writing, etc..

Borgs can already be pretty strong, and some of these would probably make them too powerful

also no jailer upgrade please i don't wanna mention the forbidden word(s)

• stunbaton 1
  • clown 1

I only just now realize what you are talking about.

Please, it`s enough a clown gibbed my corpse and attempted to cook it, before suffering the wrath of the gods.

• clown 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 6:24 PM, TheClosetMailman said:

Greytide Upgrade: Grants the Standard borg all the priviliges of greytiders, such as signs to wave at passerbys, crayons and a fake holomoustache.

Low energy.

It needs a slip module, a vandalism module for quickly breaking windows, a theft sack and pickpocket gloves.

1. Engage slip subroutine

2. Engage zipties

3. Empty backpack into sack

4. ???

5. YEET

Edited by Kryson

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use