Remove Round Vote

dapocalypse

Round vote limits what you can do by giving you a two hour play time limit then you have to start again. I personally would like to have these super thought out antag plans or start a project that would take some time but I am limeted to two hours.

We have an entire playerbase to consider, and if the players are bored, they aren't having fun... which is kind of the point of a video game. it's incredibly disrespectful and selfish to handwave that. Some servers hold rounds longer than two hours because that's what their playerbase wants. And yet others hold rounds that last maybe an hour at most.
Our playerbase tends to prefer 2 hours, and considering the overwhelming number of votes to end the round almost every round, this is plain to see.
Two hours is well more than enough time to build nice things.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dapocalypse said:

Keep in mind half the people don't even vote.

Half the people not voting is probs because they know it's gonna be crew transfer 99% of the time, not that they don't care either way.

• Thanks 1

It would be nice if you provided some antag plans and projects to supplement this idea. The run of the mill syndicate agent has three objectives (two if you discount escaping), which is certainly doable within two hours. As for projects, I can only imagine massive construction/redesigning of the station taking longer than two hours.

I've been a part of some rounds which voted to continue on, and those shifts were fun for the most part. If you want the round to go, perhaps you need to convince the crew with some fun activity to give them a reason to stay.

On 7/5/2018 at 11:14 PM, dapocalypse said:

Keep in mind half the people don't even vote.

This is not a valid argument. 

• Thanks 1

Once, I wanted to build a super elaborite space base in which nine people were taked hostage, they are told that they have to perform a series of complex puzzles in order to escape, the "game" has varios different rules. In order to make this fit in with my objective I would just rig the game to get my target killed.

What Spark says is true. But I did hear a good suggestion here. If people knew that if the round ends up extended. then more ~FUN~ would be happening, (Such as ghost rolls or any number of things to bring people back into the round, Heck even just suggesting that a new wave of immigrants are sent to supplement the losses, and pushing willing ghosts back to the lobby) Setting up more / different traitors or other things. I think a compromise could totally get people thinking round  extension could be worth while! A lot to consider... Thanks for your perspectives fellas! 

8 minutes ago, dapocalypse said:

also i feel muh emersion. realistically if the shift was calm an normal peple wouldn't vote to get off the station

The vote isn't IC, it's an OOC vote. That's why dead people, observers, and even terror spiders can vote to end the shift.

Sometimes, you just gotta decide that gameplay is a little more important than immersion. Most people don't want to play rounds for more than two hours at a time, and that's fine. Often times, people get removed from the round permanently, and as much fun as being re-inserted as whatever wacky flavor-of-the-round is, most of us want to play the main part of the game. That's why the vote exists, to keep rounds from dragging on unnecessarily. Now, if something really cool is going on, and everyone is happy with the round going on, it can, if a majority of people vote to extend the round. But if most people vote for the round to end, that means they want the round to end, and removing the vote just removes the agency of most players in favor of the small handful who have crazy ideas, and anything even remotely feasible to do really shouldn't take more than an hour or so to set up. 

My two bits.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dapocalypse said:

Then how is the shuttle docking and everyone going on it not ooc

Because ICly, what happens is that the shuttle is called for auto transfer. Supposedly the crew's getting shipped off somewhere else to go work.

12 minutes ago, Tayswift said:

Because ICly, what happens is that the shuttle is called for auto transfer. Supposedly the crew's getting shipped off somewhere else to go work.

And leaving the station in a state of complete chaos and disrepair for the next crew haha. It would be funny if one round the station started in the state it was left in in some previous round.

What about station goals, one round I almost had it but the people at rnd were so incompetent they got illigal tech to level 4 but they couldnt get quadratic capacitors, by the time i got the clown to do it the shuttle had already arrived so we lost out on the station goal

The game isn't about winning.

You will not always be able to complete the station goal, that's bound to happen sometimes.
It does not mean that we need to extend the round timer for something all of maybe three people are working on, at best, most rounds.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use