Tales from Nuke Operatives

It can be good or bad. It can be against or as nukes. I am generally want something to read.

I will start.

This is back when I started playing SS13, played a human named Tyne Reinhardt. Nukes decided to go stealth and break into my office without being caught. Back then, I hid my nuclear authorisation disk in that safe with a 5 digit code. I carried the pinpointer on me. I was radio maybe fifteen minutes into the shift that nuclear ops were spotted leaving my office with the disk. I am not sure where all four ops went but I had my pinpointer online and it took me to science maintenance alone, just below the solar maintenance on the lower left side just before the room. Of course, back then I was new, I went solo after the disk. I caught up to just the one operative, who was clearly alone, in putting codes into the nuke as it was clear they had the disk inside it. They didn't hear or see me before it was too late because I had the rapier out just stabbing him. I had no hardsuit so it hurt when he exploded, I was deaf and in critical but manage to get to the nuke and eject the disk and call for help in maintenance, HoS and a bunch of officers wasted no time getting to me, I kept repeating myself to them that I had the disk on me before blacking out. Cyberaid won that day.

Nukies spent about an hour devising a plan on how to stealthily and quickly get in, powersink the station, assault bridge, activate the nuke and leave.
Long story short, after we spent an hour coming up with a plan, half our squad just fucked off before the sink was set up.
Nobody besides me bought an emag. So I used mine, while holding a gun in the other hand.

The following acts transpired within aproximately 3 and a half minutes:

Emagged into HOP's Office.
Emagged into the conference room.
Emagged into the bridge.
Put my Emag away, grabbed a flashbang, activated it with Z. Finger slipped on X.
Throw intent active from the flashbang. Have gun-holding hand selected.
Throw my rifle into the captains face like some retard.
Get flustered. Press X real quick to switch to the flashbang.
Try throwing. Throw intent isn't on.
Press R. Fatfinger E.
Put flashbang into backpack. Flashbang goes off inside.
Kill captain. Leave bridge with other Nukies.
Get robusted by a single sec officer and the AI firelock crushing me.
Macrobomb implant takes out most the bridge and part of the hallway.

Deadchat:
"Well, that didn't go well."
"Were you the asshole that threw a gun at the Captain instead of shooting him?"

I'll never play nukie again.

• Thanks 1
  • honk 1
  • toolbox 1
  • explodyparrot 1

• 1 month later...

Another story.

Wasn't sure if we declared war or not. All I know is I decided to play the douche canoe duel wield energy sword. From what I remember it was team based.. you know, I think we did declare war. Anyway I had a Borg as my partner and we decided to breach maintenance south of science. A security Borg and 2 sec found my Borg and blew him up with me. Fortunately my suit was set to combat mode and damage was minimal. Deaf, I remember screaming at them with my swords out if they wanted to dance. I wish I could hear their response. I think I took one out before the Borg rescued the other sec and ran off. Still deaf, trying to weld my partner back but I guess it was too damaged to go back online. So alone with a missing leg. I decided to make route in maintenance north to medbay. I was found lucky to have my partner with a healing gun take out the 2 I tried attacking g earlier. We decided to team up and head to captain office. I believe @PhantasmicDream was a civvie inside the office and she had the nad on her. It was her or a vulp ... forgot her name... was a mentor at the time... blonde vulp. Anyway, was kill. Took Nad and pocket it. We were ambushed by sec with weapons firing. My partner and I decided to have them drag me behind them while I would act as a shield with my blades out to prevent any more harm. We made it back to our shuttle with boss man in the shuttle (played by an admin so not an actual nuke). For some odd reason, they couldn't get the airlock open so we were stuck in space with a broken chest and arms fighting off crew while he got the airlock open. What felt like a century, finally got it open. After operating on ourselves we noticed the NAD fucked off from my pocket. So we decided to drag our nuke back to station and relocate the nad. Crew seem to noticed the nad was missing from me as well I think and went looking for it. It was just the 2 of us as our other ops were long dead. We finally located the nad in construction in that room engineering can get I to across the storage tech equipment... wrench, arm, retreated. Most of crew were dead or at medbay. Can't remember. End round, victory to me and my partner who turned out to be another admin.

This happen yesterday, I played as NT rep. Heather was on point on getting the benefit virus ready to send out. Being first in line, got my shot and carried on. The captain was easy going so I didn't pay attention to him. I had a vox note me next on the PDA about the head of personnel permitting the gateway explorer to order gun crate. Question over command coms why the HoP allowed this. Captain was oblivious to this, which I wasn't surprised. The HoP stayed silence, CMO was being cranky about something and HoS never really said anything. Doing what I do best, visit the cargo to see what was happening and denying that order to explain we weren't going to waste points on gateway explorer. CMO situation decided to get bigger when CMO realized that Heather was giving out the virus without their permission and wanted Heather arrested and fired. HoS I guess was ignoring the CMO the captain wanted to shift the spotlight onto something else and the HoP was trying to tell CMO to stop fighting about it. Being Rep I gave my point of view. On the headset, I explained the CMO was following SoP and allowed to fire Heather because releasing virus without documenting what was in it was very dangerous. Captain tried to change the subject, CMO was happy I was seeing things their way and HoP was being salty. I added that Heather should have given a chance to fix this. I was heard by deaf ears. CMO acted on their own and apparently locked Heather in his office and took her ID and crew were not happy and was screaming over coms. HoP was getting worried that CMO would cause a riot. I had to simmer the situation for both parties and ran to my office to make a station announcement. In the middle of making one, about to send it, the station had to turn off the power grid was announced. I am like, great! How long is this going to take before the situation goes out of hand? It gotten to the point that gravity shuts down and a minute passes after that before power came back online. Finally able to send the message, crew weren't happy about how it was part of sop so nothing was wrong. I did advise that Heather should have given a chance to fix her mistake and apologize to those who received the treatment. Suddenly, someone shouts Nukies were in maintenance. Are you kidding me? I ran out of my office and up between cargo and HoP office to have the maintenance airlock open behind me with a single nukie. Oh yeah, Steve was there and was bitching about no welcome mat and wanted the captain to greet him properly. Anyway, the nukie and I stared at each other for a second before I bolted to bridge to warn captain. The captain was at bridge in his seat with the blueshield while I yelled at them to take the captain and leave. They didn't seem to hear me as much moving wasn't happening. So I repeated myself while Brendan grabbed the fire axe from the shelf. Conference airlock snag open with the same nukie I spotted earlier with a shotgun in hand. I had my cane out with Brendan behind me. Stun him when he reached to the doorway and Brendan let him have it with the axe. Nukie dies and explodes, my leg removed. Virus healed me quickly though. Bridge explodes a few times so went to investigate that. 2 more nukie shows up with duel swords. I was dazed and down but virus got me back up, I got struck a few times to have a broken chest and hand. I manage to drop my cane and disarm the nukie with a single push to the floor. Crew tackled the down nukies and I ended them with their swords. Two more exploded. A vox in nuke gear saves me and throws me I to captain's office.

After the virus kicks in, made my way to robotics with some help to get a new leg. Broken chest and now coughing blood, made my way to medbay to hopefully get my chest operated on. A little disappointed I couldn't keep my duel blades since I dropped it when the explosion from killing the third ops knocked me down. Quick surgery later make my way to bridge to see who in command was still alive, coms were offline. Found my duel blade, captain was dead but nad was safe. Pocket the duel blade, exit bridge to find the fourth ops attacking who I think was HoS. Quickly ended them with the duel blade while accidentally nicking HoS who wanted to fight back. Lost her arm. Whoops. I believe the AI called the shuttle due to no comms and most of command was dead. Heather's virus prevented my death 4 times. 

TLDR: Robusted nukies with some assistants. Heather saved Wolf's life by going against a little of SoP and make a fantastic virus.

Edited by Trubus
Finished my story, sorry for grammar

Nukie team is asked in LOOC if they want a meme round.

Most of the nukes vote yes.

Admins spend the next hour handing out baseball bats and renamed gear and IDs. Giving each person a "Class".

I pick umpire and get great armor and a near instakill bat.

Assault pod lands and take me out to the ballgame starts to play.

The team heads to the disk and I head to medical.

The sirens start.

Home team lost.

• Like 2

Nuke op. 

War was declared.

Got the usual, chainsaw, sarin grenades, implants, shielded suit and emps.

BUT someone set up the teleporter.

Now because I wasn't going through space and teleported in with the others I wasn't paying attention to internals like you normally do with airlocks and stuff, you know, motor memory etc. Normally internals are on because space and stuff, never forgot that, but, teleported in and didn't turn them on.

Sarin grenades.

Sarin.

Dead.

• clown 1

I Alright let me share my favorite stories, one as a Nuke op, and one as a crew member.

As nuke op we declared war and I kept trying to get set up, in the ship as we were getting ready to launch but the ship kept getting moved and I kept falling. After five times I got annoyed and sat down. Forgetting of all items the pinpointer. Well we break in and everyone splits up well on my own I managed to run into the captain, who gets a face full of shotgun pellets and goes down easier than a nice glass of vodka. I grab the disk and find the tunnels are full of people howling for my blood so I try to call for backup but everyone is dead and finally I make a new breach and flee into space. I search my bags for the pinpointer.... I had remembered tools, spare ammo, to get an emag, everything but the pinpointer. And getting lost in space I lost the disk and the ship, but found the depot. So I ended the round popping the top on the space beer, eating syndie cakes, and vowing to get the cyberiad next time. 

Lesson of the story: nothing is more important than the pinpointer as a Nuke op.

Now as a crew member, I recall being a mechanic and checking out the gateway. It was the wizard school and I had a brilliant idea. I got the spell book of recall and recharge, learned the spells, and went back and bound the NAD. My plan was get in my space pod, fly around, avoid nukies, and if I heard the captain died I would recall the disk, leave the z level and let me the disk disappear, return recall repeat. Well it didn’t go as planned... one nukie stole the sec pod and shot me out of the sky and I barely had time to get in the station where I met a friendly borer.

With brain buddy we went to the bridge and saw a bomb, we moved it and got chased by a nukie who shot me into crit and took it back. Borer somehow saves me and we limp back to see the bridge is now a crater, and the captain was silent. So I recall the nad and form a new plan. Dump the caps backpack with nad in the disposals, flush, move to new disposal, recall and repeat. This works and the shuttle is called, I run into the captain who wants the disk and I recall it.... only this time it was still in the disposal so it appears still in the disposal which is now broken and nothing can be taken out. 

So I make my way to the shuttle, recalling it as I go, and the last nukie is there. They try everything they can to get it out and fail, then in a rage they hijack the shuttle which winds up at nukie hq, but since the disk was on the shuttle and not in nukie hands it was a crew major victory.

lesson of the story: sometimes being clever can overcome all the guns and bombs in the world.... and never recall something in disposal bin.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use