Complaint Against Freurland - Harrasment

Dalzar

Admin Key: Freurland

Your Discord name (if applicable): Matt Freeman

Complaint:

I was playing the game today and I deserve to have fun as anyone else would and I Freurland decided to pick me as his subject for cruelty today. I approached him about it and he was sarcy and none apologetic, which made things worse as I would not have made a complaint if he had apologised appropriately.

The round started with me picking a sec role, I randomly get an admin message asking me bluntly, what did you do that for, proof here:

4.png.48601aaca9ec4faba890e0ede87ddedc.png

I was wondering what he was talking about and clicking his name went to a weird page online, so I adminhelped saying I could not reply to his question. I also stated I had done nothing wrong, to which he replied as follows:

1.png.9914c3411c7cfcbb5f54e1325b12ba98.png

There we are, no apology, no nothing. A blunt, none explanatory message telling me to ignore what he said. No explanation and very, very unprofessional.

Now, if someone is blunt to me, I typically reply back, in the same manner, if they can be horrible to me I am not simply letting it be...I asked for an apology by saying, 'So, no apology for that the' or words to that affect. This was the reply

2.png.2bed655cc0171a0a2bdc6e71d19c17ed.png

That was okay, I guess, he is sorry, what more can I ask for...until he goes and ruins it for himself..

3.png.7c09f8ca5f669a6cdcaee8ddc321e7fd.png

Now, here we see that he thinks this situation is funny, it's a game for him! He can amessage anyone he chooses, accusing them of things. Not only did he accuse me of something, he didn't say what it was, a simple 'why did you do that?'. Very rude and very immature.

Why am I complaining? Well, he picked me out of everyone to send a message to, accusing me of doing something wrong. Anyone can make mistakes, so I gave him the opportunity to apologise, to which he replied in a very sarcy manner. He used his admin powers to be above everyone else and I will not stand for him getting away with this. 

I have seen on several occasions where complaints against this particular admin have gone through and been accepted, one quite recently where he apparently apologised and said it would not happen again. His demeanour does not seem to have improved.

Look into this

• Salt 3

To provide some context, this was a global message that everyone on the server received as a prank, not just you. His generic responses were given because literally everyone on the server started to ahelp asking about it.

To be fair, a lot of admins have done this in the past (looking at you, Lightfire).

• Like 1

Hmmm, Thank you for providing this. I do think though that he himself should have provided that contect when I and many other people ahelped him. He could have copy/pasted the responce with an aology.

In regards to how I have seen a few other complaints abotu this admin, with him apparently apologising for his unprofessionalism, I would like to continue this complaint.

Thanks for the context nonetheless ?

Why would you make complaints about the server headmins, get banned, appeal ban evading, then continue to make complaints?

I think some kind of policy of "if someone has been banned then banned for ban evading they're not allowed to complain" is in order. 

• Salt 2

14 minutes ago, necaladun said:

Why would you make complaints about the server headmins, get banned, appeal ban evading, then continue to make complaints?

I think some kind of policy of "if someone has been banned then banned for ban evading they're not allowed to complain" is in order. 

Then you would be wrong. This is a completely separate issue. Having been previously banned has nothing to do with making a complaint. Just because I was banned previously does not stop my right to make a complaint. 

You guys decided to accept my ban appeal and when you did so, it made me a normal player again, with the same rights as every other player.

Whatever it is you have against me, Necaladun, I think it’s best to leave your personal feelings out of this ban appeal, which is not concerning you. You decided to accept my ban appeal, I’m now more than allowed to make another admin complaint.

I know you have some personal vendetta against me, but this has nothing to with the complaint I am making.

Edited by Dalzar

Hello and thank you for the complaint, I must admit that I did not see it coming.

I am sorry that you feel that this was personally aimed at you which I can assure you it was not. This was sent out to everyone just shortly after the shift began(I must admit, I should have done it while game was being set up).

As for the conversation I perceived your messages as said in a jokingly manner to which I replied accordingly. However I fail to see how you could be offended by me saying “just ignore it.”

as for misusing my powers to make me be above everyone else, I fail to see the point as this didn’t provide me with any sort of advantage at all. It was also made clear by my fellow admins that this was just a joke in OOC, along with a lot of other players. Out of the 100 players online it seems to be that you were the only one who failed to realise that this was a meme.

This global narrate thing has also been done in the past multiple times.

if you feel personally harassed, my bad.. Id also like say sorry to @Spartan, @Spacemanspark and @Normalyman to which I made it hard for them to do their admin business.

Edited by Fruerlund

3 minutes ago, Fruerlund said:

Hello and thank you for the complaint, I must admit that I did not see it coming.

I am sorry that you feel that this was personally aimed at you which I can assure you it was not. This was sent out to everyone just shortly after the shift began(I must admit, I should have done it while game was being set up).

As for the conversation I perceived your messages as said in a jokingly manner to which I replied accordingly. However I fail to see how you could be offended by me saying “just ignore it.”

as for misusing my powers to make menbe snive everyone else, I fail to see the point as this didn’t provide me with any sort of advantage at all. It was also made clear by my fellow admins that this was just a joke in OOC, along with a lot of other players. This global narrate thing has also been done in the past multiple times.

if you feel personally harassed, my bad.. Id also like say sorry to @Spartan, @Spacemanspark and @Normalyman to which I made it hard for them to do their admin business.

Thanks for the post.

thats fine, I appreciate the professionalism in the reply. I want to consider this resolved as the admin in question is in fact honestly apologetic. 

I'm counting this as resolved. But the entire nature of it I find frankly absurd. 

Admin complaints are here to report serious abuses of power or trust. Fruerlund has graciously apologized and I respect his decision to do so, but I need to be clear that this is not to set a precedent. Admin complaints are not here to force us to bend knee to your definition of "professionalism". If you dislike our definition, you're free to go elsewhere. 

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use