Add Genetics UI to Medical Records.

davidchan

What it says on the tin. Add a tab/extra area to Medical Records that lists a crew member's round start/round join UI (Their appearance and such.)

Why do this? Because a number of reasons, namely that if a person is ever hit by a DNA changing virus, wand of change, or subject to a brain transplant, they typically lose their appearance and name and have to run the rest of the round as Monkey (281) or the like. NanoTrasen already keys a person's finger prints to their security records and blood type and hash to their medical records, it would be reasonable for the UI hash to be present as well (or divine some method to decrypt a blood hash into a UI)

This would also give some fun to traitors as they could assume the appearance of other crew by gaining access to their records and load up a UI Injector without needing the source material to be aware of it all. If my idea of Genetics/Cloning overhaul ever sees the light of day, having the UI's in MedRecords would allow Genetics to dump the UI from records to cloning pods to finalize a clone.

I was reticent when I saw the title, but after the explanation it seems cool.

You could disguise yourself as the Captain, then murder them and take their place.

It also makes it possible to frame people if you're crafty enough.

One problem I'm seeing is that while you can look like someone, you currently can't edit the name you are talking with/be seen as, as well as probably unable to chance your prints and blood. That's the reason you have 3 options to copy, SE for powers, UI for exterior, UI+UE for complete copying the person with name and exterior, powers not changing.

The most fun changeling rounds I've ever been a part of are the ones where many people lose thier identities and the confusion and conflict that creates. This would allow that to be erased (partially, genetics cant change your race without a new body). The RP opportunities when you are turned into the wrong race or gender are hilarious, have fun with it ?

I like the idea of stealing someone's identity and taking thier place,  but do that when you are the appropriate antag to do so.

Edited by ZN23X

2 hours ago, ZN23X said:

The most fun changeling rounds I've ever been a part of are the ones where many people lose thier identities and the confusion and conflict that creates. This would allow that to be erased (partially, genetics cant change your race without a new body). The RP opportunities when you are turned into the wrong race or gender are hilarious, have fun with it ?

I like the idea of stealing someone's identity and taking thier place,  but do that when you are the appropriate antag to do so.

Change sting was rolled back severely from when it would give defects and could be spammed. It was never fun to deal with and was never meant to be uncounterable. This aims to fix that as well as the attempt to make Medical records mean something. This could also the door to having DNA hashes in general be something the detective could look for.

44 minutes ago, davidchan said:

It was never fun to deal with

Thats all a matter of opinion. Like I said the most entertaining cling rounds Ive been in involved numerous people being turned into the wrong person/race/gender and RPing thier reaction to such change. Hell of alot more interesting than stealthy murderbone clings jusy removing people from the round while pursuing greentext (also just my opinion).

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use