Dump

LUCPIX

Hey! Online games may sometimes unleash the artistic bugs, and them somehow bite you - paradoxically, even the most "imageless" text-based RPG

Due to the fact that my word is almost 99.999% based on digital art (only the 'pixeled' though. Every digital art is pixel-made, but... you've got it!) inspired (but not limited) by the artstyle from games from the awesome Zak McKracken to the curious Habbo, the physical paper and pen were a tad abandoned but they're always the best friends when it comes to digging ideas and gags, and it probably applies to some of you, too

Hand-Drawn (mainly a red pen)

Spoiler

tumblr_nhx3fkqqpj1t6rvcjo1_1280.jpg

A kind of "past meeting the future"-themed one, although some very imaginative people may claim they're actually exchanging kisses

Spoiler

tumblr_nkwgyvOviK1t6rvcjo1_1280.jpg

The dragon speaks and the human doesn't mind

Spoiler

tumblr_noo0z32UN61t6rvcjo1_1280.jpg

Right before turning seventeen - a rebirth in the emptiness of the space!

Pixel Art

Spoiler

Cneyjfy.png

The Quilly Synthesizer!! It's never played a real song though, besides its beep-beep-trrRRR sounds. That was a test program in order to... test some non-RPG commmands in a RPG Maker

Spoiler

tumblr_nt5910zX4E1t6rvcjo1_1280.png

Angels making mischief around a plane

Spoiler

fZFDoXK.png0165e70f7fea7a87a620c11ae2aab170.pngavatar59633_51.gifavatar61966_139.gifylwSMPX.pngEl2n8RG.png8f35eb7ab1b2d7238c49e5b4d09448e4.png9a3c09c1b6b9b83e02bfcad351b72413.gifa809f3c5ff89187341999de1b10927ed.gif

Samples of Chibis/Alterations I've made for people over the months, half of them made under amazing bases. Since we're here, feel free to request one little you, if you're keen!

Yes, it's been a crazy year. Thank you very much

Edited by LUCPIX
it is not "McCracken", duh
  • Like 7

22 hours ago, gangelwaefre said:

Amazing stuff; amazing style! 

Thank you, buddy. You too! So, as it seems, you're equally compacted to the world of pixel art. Awesome sauce!!

• Like 1

On 05/01/2018 at 8:35 PM, PhantasmicDream said:

I see you like to live dangerously by drawing in pen.

Nice works you have, I hope you continue to post more! 

Obrigado! And I'm afraid to tell you the pen fever was way deeper, like, 1-2 years ago?? As the main way of producing. Now, most of the time, is all about the pixels
The most recent artworks are not here but, thanks to the blessed uploaders, here are some new stuff

think.png

This is cat with a naughty, suspicious look. He's more likely postponing an appointment

naloca.jpg

God save Sonic?

ABSPULAND.gif.e8910b4cc61a74a23c6524540ad7d889.gifAWARD-LOOP.gif.3bda9c1e7afde8a53857ae1259ddcf61.gifb77c74d053c32d071be77ab513a42d1b.png.7de8794648505c27d50fb9c95584eec9.pngBIKINICHUBBY2.PNG.a982ece615c1258f51260b987e197ac1.PNGf3194f4aa15f1583c884db9ecda4c0bd.gif.a5638465e77c6e55528e006b2b4fd94c.gifTURBO!.gif.edbbab864c6d81a3c28012f412a64e3c.gif

User-requested graphics> A giddy gal jumping! An award! Chocolate Donald Trump, Little man touching fowl IRL, Chocolate Hillary Clinton! Run, Chibi, RUN!!

got.png

Nutritive Slime

RAPID.png

Noisy Eggman

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Burger Party Trio

Random improv with a friend made with the poorest image editing program you can imagine! It hasn't a context butttttttttttttt at the same time it has. Enjoy it! 

5a80eb93b9dbf_230END.thumb.jpg.3d6e4dfa3673742add7355c2b1d75227.jpg

• Like 2

Nice - I appreciate someone who can pull off a surrealist jive and do it well. It takes a lot of work/guts to showcase and actively work on some of the more esoteric art styles.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2018 at 11:50 AM, Shadeykins said:

Nice - I appreciate someone who can pull off a surrealist jive and do it well. It takes a lot of work/guts to showcase and actively work on some of the more esoteric art styles.

that's actually a good way of putting it :P art tutorials give you a path to your self-discovering (in artistic terms) buttttt a good part of it is consisted of searching for inspiration inside yourself and just allowing your hands to do something because we're always going to get something interesting out of it, even though one's always trying to polish it and make it more faithful to their expressing needs and stuff, if that makes sense

Since we're here... this is the "toughest" chibi I've ever made so far, a request from a friend! It was made under a template and pre-made clothing (as it is from a sprite of an online game) but it was cool anyways. Proved that the ability of making a chibi move in a relatively-short GIF is real and, obviously, was a proof that even harder things could be made since then

f042fbbdf5601211247404f237ca51e0.gif

• Like 2

Qoxbbqs.png

Sent it to the person who's requested it and - guess what!??!??!! He put it as his Twitter display picture! Greatest demo of satisfaction, prolly. Do those look like extra fat, on his chest? Wasn't supposed to look like boobs or something.  

Fancying some bigger pieces, one day I'll get the bravery for it!

More drawings soon!

Edited by LUCPIX
  • Like 2

uKGctSh.png

Things are getting a little more serious, I'm "afraid". Two users - Despect and Cheesygrisp. Both of them did come to me and requested, via PM, in a forum, an Avatar-esque picture of chibis; united, peaceful and with a fair amount of adventureness. This is what we've got and I got pretty happy with this one 
RECENTLY-TRIED
-- Insertion of a background, not only the models
-- "Textures on face"
-- An Alternative Shading effect
-- LUCPIX SIGNATURE - A rare dodo bird!

NOTE TO SELF-THINGS TO TRY
-- Animation in the form of GIF frames (even if just an eye blink)
-- Bigger models

What are we going to do next?

• Like 2

XZgiqaf.png
End of all the 75 chibis requested since January 2017. Accepting commissions for the second season, 2018's, from all the world and avatars ***chop chop****
...Since we're still searching for something we are not sure what it is and we didn't get enough of pixelating

Think I should be bolder, this artstyle is becoming somewhat obsolete or just not progressive enough, if that makes sense

• Like 1
  • fastparrot 1

• 3 weeks later...

As you prolly guessed, someone named Steve (ok it's not LITERALLY that but let us call him Joey then) asked for a chibi... not inspired by his amazing Habbo image, but as a tiny version of his equally-amazing RL version of himself, can you believe that? This is a first for me... Hope he likes it!

IRb5zc0.png

• Like 1

Hey, man, this is about missingness, we're almost missing someone! It's still a dream but, hey, we both know we can do it. LUCPIX, my Sim medium, looks rather blue, has the burger gotten cold?

dream.thumb.png.8f4b267bc11ef76ddb48eedec6b619c7.png

Edited by LUCPIX
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 14/03/2018 at 9:06 AM, yurivw said:

Nice dude!

I'm like the opposite of artistic. I kinda wish I could make stuff like that...

Ah well.

Thank you very much, Sir! How can we define the opposite of artistic in a single word? Even without noticing, everyone makes a good portion of art, daily

Anyway, the following pic is a colossal, finished version of the previous drawing I've posted here. You can notice that its initial intention was to represent a sad, hopeless and lonely person, because life was pretty shitty at the time and I've had lost a friend that was basically the bestest one I've had in my entire weblife. Alright. Earth did spin, as per usual, and now we're cool again, we healed our scars and we've learnt to convert all the imperfections into something beautiful to be seen, discussed, appreciated. How I love that person, and also there's this  awesome girl, called Maggie, and she's cool as hell too, we cannot deny. That's why this pic exists now, it is a reflection of all the good stuff we lived and we're bound to live, from now. A visual anthem of love, something that, hopefully, will shine our days up. We always need someone to show us how bloody awesome we are, this is it

It's called They Are Not Servo5ad117bc7a494_THEYARENOTSERVO.thumb.png.13f4e716c38ba2067e99873ef9a11e3a.png

• Like 3
  • fastparrot 1

3 hours ago, Mayfox said:

The above piece of art is the most beautiful thing I've seen from recent memory.

2 hours ago, gangelwaefre said:

Amazing. This is so visually appealing!

You flattered me hard on this one! Thank you so much.

Furthermore, buddies: I though that I'd be wanted to program a game but as it seems something's happened and this game will never happen, which signifies a little bit of free time to spend. Do you fancy a similar fancy, just for you etc?? I always wanted to produce an SS13-esque art, for real

Edited by LUCPIX

Yesss. It's been my dream for years to create my own game from scratch, alongside programming it and adding my own art to it. The sheer amount of effort kind of dashes those hopes, but I can genuinely see your kind of art in a game! You could even look into joining an indie group? Find a programmer and a designer, and with your art, I have no doubt they'd be happy to take you on

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gangelwaefre said:

Yesss. It's been my dream for years to create my own game from scratch, alongside programming it and adding my own art to it. The sheer amount of effort kind of dashes those hopes, but I can genuinely see your kind of art in a game! You could even look into joining an indie group? Find a programmer and a designer, and with your art, I have no doubt they'd be happy to take you on

Sounds like a plan! But I expressed myself wrong, hahahah, I was just asking if you want me to draw something about one of your ss13 characters, like a little gift for you, etc? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LUCPIX said:

Sounds like a plan! But I expressed myself wrong, hahahah, I was just asking if you want me to draw something about one of your ss13 characters, like a little gift for you, etc? 

Oh man, that would be amazing! Absolutely no obligation meant by my posts, but if you ever catch the muse to, I would love to see any of my characters in your style! :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gangelwaefre said:

Oh man, that would be amazing! Absolutely no obligation meant by my posts, but if you ever catch the muse to, I would love to see any of my characters in your style! :D

Yes, perfect! Can't wait to start this one. I can improv a piece inspired by your own character art, but have you got LUMI's biography written? It is ok if not but it'll be nice to catch as much references as I can! 

• 2 months later...

With no shame or fear, I've been trying original kinds of chiibs, this time not using templates, any kind of base behind it, you know

We should call it a very experimental prototype..

0c34a03091f7ec425bd7c163692dad61.png

...for a volley aficionado 

Danggg I promised L.U.M.I a drawing and this' gonna be made NOW! It's amazing how we can find silver linings everywhere, no matter how messed we're feeling

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use