What I call a good shift.

BottomQuark

M.A.N.T.I.S. the Station Engineer reporting in.

Beginning as always, arming youself up with multitool and the rest. Hardsuit up, and it seems someone is taking care of engine already. So I head to solars, and BOOM. IT seems someone fucked up engine, and we have no generators. So Atmo sets up turbine, we set up solars. Nothing special right?

So I was setting up Aft solars, and repairing one small explotion as always, set up electrical maint while IPCs are talking about another Synthetic Struggle. AI says, nothing is broken, what means BREAK TIME.

So I head to bar. And there! D.I.T.T.Y. serving the drinks, S.P.E.C.T.R.E drinking something. I sit next to them and start speaking, soon A.M.I.G.O. joins. And in that team we spend next 30 minutes speaking, drinking. Having FUN.

5a4ac0209cad5_Beztytuu.thumb.png.0bb3d755c9f39d0e81378307756e0d93.png

I noticed that S.P.E.C.T.R.E. had nice New Cannan University of Technology Hoodie, so I asked if he was there. That started the talk about New Cannan. Now I know S.P.E.C.T.R.E. finished university in 57', and Xion Manufacturing Group basicly rules over some town there. Then we start speaking about brands, and that A.M.I.G.O. was mady by Shellguard that makes armors, weapons, battle chassis, etc. And so we speak and we speak. We just having fun.

From time to time some greytide or blueshield comes to bar, and leaves. Captain says "Break for everyone in bar, happy new year!".

But then. Detective PDA me. " I'd like you to meet me in old bar, to talk about certain peron. I'm waiting. " I say "Uh, ok." 
[Engineering] M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "If I die any time soon, it's Det. Do not ask."

And so I come to old bar. 

M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "Detective"
Imrak Stonebeard says, "Hello."
*I stand and look at the detective sitting at the old bar stool, with cig in his moth, just looking at the wall. Like I was not standing there.*
Imrak Stonebeard says, "You seem to have a good day, spending it in a bar"
M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "Yeah, spoke with my fellow IPCs"
*I notice my power level, I need to charge up. Det still looks at the wall, in the darkness. I sit two stools next to him. I smoke my cigar in my hardsuit. At this moment Det turned , looked at me and again at the wall.*
M.A.N.T.I.S comfortably sits on the stool.
Imrak Stonebeard asks, "So, do you know ipc named MONIKA?"
Imrak Stonebeard drools.
M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "Have heard her on the comms, havn't seen her tho."
Imrak Stonebeard says, "She's quite a criminal, enough to go to perma."
Imrak Stonebeard drools.
Imrak Stonebeard says, "The problem is that she ran out, escaped."
*Is he going to put me into prison for something I didn't do?*
M.A.N.T.I.S. asks, "So.... you want me to find out where she is?"
Imrak Stonebeard asks, "Do ya know about her any friends?"
Imrak Stonebeard stammers, "T-Th-h-hat-t-t c-coul-ld-d h--hav-ve b-br-r-rok-ke h-her-r out-t?"
M.A.N.T.I.S. asks, "Where was she working?"
Imrak Stonebeard says, "She was engineer."
*Am I beeing framed?*
M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "Engineer....."
M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "We have tro more IPCs in engineering, HOTrod and CE."
M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "I'd say HOTrod could do such a thing. But It cannot b-"
Imrak Stonebeard suddenly collapses.
*Yep, he is sick, or too much cigs*
*I try to help him stand up, after a while he manage to stand up."

Imrak Stonebeard yells loudly, "GODDAMN POSION."
M.A.N.T.I.S. laughs.
Imrak Stonebeard yells loudly, "AN-N-ND-D BRAIN-NR-ROT-T P-PR-ROB-BAB-B-BL-LY-Y."
Imrak Stonebeard  has thrown the cigarette.
M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "That's propably it."
*Imrak leaves his stool, now standing in the middle of the room, looking at me. Straight at me.*
M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "I can ask around."
Imrak Stonebeard yells loudly, "SMOKING CIGARETTES TOO MUCH MAKES THING LIKE THAT HAPPEN."
Imrak Stonebeard yells loudly, "ANYWAY, THE PROBLEM IS."
*I can hear that he is going to get something out of his backpack.*
Imrak Stonebeard yells loudly, "I'M A BADDIE TOO, AND I GOTTA KILL YOU"
*Before I could even react, he extands the telescopic baton*
Imrak Stonebeard has knocked down M.A.N.T.I.S. with the telescopic baton!
*There is still hope, I still have my radio!*
[Common] M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "HELP OLD BAR, HELP!!!"
[Common] HOTrod exclaims, "MANTIS!"
Imrak Stonebeard yells loudly, "AYE NEED PAROXETINE! I WANNA PET TEH MONKEYS"
*He is mad, why NT hires such a people?*
Imrak Stonebeard tried to remove M.A.N.T.I.S.'s engineering radio headset.
M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "You are screwed. You are not gonna get out alive. NOT THIS TIME."
*Detective opens three hidden doors, taking me to electrical maint*
M.A.N.T.I.S. says, "NO!"
*Luckly for me, Brainrot kicks in, det dropps on the floor, I ran and try to hide, while waiting for rescue*
((I just didn't even try to uncuff myself for a while, just to give det chance))
*After a while I'm uncuffed, and it seems that Det cannot stand up. I hit him with the baton, cuff him with the same cuffs he used on me. I try to wake him, iterrogate him, maybe hit him couple of times, but he does not wake up.*

2.thumb.png.15f0dfa2688e350ed74c1f092e9dced3.png

After that, security arrived, I was searched, what happend to the det is unknown to me.

That was one of the best rounds I had in long time. Speaking with IPCs was realy fun. And the kidnapping scene is something I needed after beeing killed two times in the row by Mr Service borg (( Yeah, round by round the same borg killed me )).

That was preety fun. Have to say I fucked up when I called on common for help, that would be neat scene. And shame det had brainrot. I also hope det did not get banned. It was FUN.

• Like 2
  • stunbaton 1
  • clown 1

2 hours ago, BottomQuark said:

They said he was mindshielded I belive.

If they swap bodies, both the changeling and the original detective retain their mindshield!

Great story.

Edited by Zuki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use