Restarting the server as soon as the shuttle reaches centcom

Streaky Haddock

I find it very aggrivating when admins or coders (particularly ponies) restart the server as soon as the shuttle hits centcomm. If there wasn't a karma point system I wouldn't mind as much, but sometimes I've not given karma away and the shuttle is restarted and I feel like I wasted my point.

I'm not being entirely selfless, I obviously want to RECIEVE karma too, and it's aggrivating that I could potentially be losing points because of this.

Well, if the price to pay for our unique code is losing some potential karma once or twice a day, i so damn happy to pay that price.

Also, seeing that you are complaining about such a little thing makes me think that you cant see any other flaws on our server to complain about, which is heartwarming.

Well, when we miss that Centcomm moment, and we wait for when the round comes up next, we would have to kick people out that just begun the game. that is less fair. We also cannot have a designated time for it either, as our server is populated all day, and all night. So we are not trying to inconvenience you in any way, we are actually attempting to make it more convenient for you. It is just not immediately appearing that way.

This is only done when a patch or server maintenance is needed.

It's done to prevent a new round starting then it immediately being brought down, which creates all kinds of annoyances.

This isn't likely to change in the near future.