Poll: Would you like the abilty to auto decline cloning

WingedYordle

Poll: Would you like the ability to auto decline cloning?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought simply refusing to re-enter your body would stop you being cloned.

In my experience, when I did not want to be cloned, I just ignored the 'someone is trying to clone you!' prompt, and after a couple of tries, they gave up.

Adding a new preference just so that you don't have to ignore one or two prompts per round you die in... I'm not sure its worth it.

Edited by tzo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tzo said:

I thought simply refusing to re-enter your body would stop you being cloned.

In my experience, when I did not want to be cloned, I just ignored the 'someone is trying to clone you!' prompt, and after a couple of tries, they gave up.

Adding a new preference just so that you don't have to ignore one or two prompts per round you die in... I'm not sure its worth it.

I rather be revived in other methods. This will make the doctor try something else instead of throwing them into morgue

9 minutes ago, Trubus said:

I rather be revived in other methods. This will make the doctor try something else instead of throwing them into morgue

From the doctor's point of view, if they're using cloning instead of SR/defib, then odds are, they either don't want to use SR/defib, or SR/defib is not available.

In these cases, an option that makes it impossible to clone you is probably just going to get you thrown in the morgue even faster.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ExGame said:

Anonymous votes are the worst way to get the attention of coders and maintainers alike.

They're anonymous only to users.

Admins+ can always see who voted what on a poll.

Right! It has been a while since I dealt with an unclonable corpse personally. Since there is a specific message for 'unclonable' and not 'Logged out', I don't think that if you're labeled as 'unclonable' that wouldn't put you in the morgue. If so, only to put you out of the way while Chemistry tries to SR you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use