Option to deny cloning

WingedYordle

No one is in favor removing cloner from medbay, it would be great to have an option to accept or deny cloning.

Due to my "snowflake" bio, my character has unstable DNA to clone. I have no option stop cloning and I am sometimes AFK and forget to leave body before they read my medical profile and clone. It is a waste of biomass.

Is it possible to add an option either in preferences or have it ask you to clone or not?

EDIT: Or enforce medbay to read user's medical history...

Edited by Trubus
Just thought of it.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Trubus said:

No one is in favor removing cloner from medbay,

I mean, I am

However I do agree a option somewhere in preferences would be nice. I simply have no desire for some characters to be cloned even though they are cloneable, and it would remove some hassle if a preference toggle would auto-reject my cloning process, or something of that nature.

Yeah, I also play a character who is "uncloneable" for IC reasons but nobody ever checks her medical profile so usually I just end up stubbornly afking as a ghost in the corner of the map and flicking in and out of my corpse occasionally to remind people strange reagent exists.

(Well, Sam can BE cloned, it's just really really bad and traumatic for her for various reasons and she has an alternate method of revival offstation)

It would be really neat to have an uncloneable toggle in preferences like Rurik said. Only a few snowflakes would use it, myself included, but it would also force medical to be less "whatever" about letting patients die so I love the idea for that alone.

I wonder how hard it would be to code...

25 minutes ago, Hylocereus said:

Yeah, I also play a character who is "uncloneable" for IC reasons but nobody ever checks her medical profile so usually I just end up stubbornly afking as a ghost in the corner of the map and flicking in and out of my corpse occasionally to remind people strange reagent exists.

(Well, Sam can BE cloned, it's just really really bad and traumatic for her for various reasons and she has an alternate method of revival offstation)

It would be really neat to have an uncloneable toggle in preferences like Rurik said. Only a few snowflakes would use it, myself included, but it would also force medical to be less "whatever" about letting patients die so I love the idea for that alone.

I wonder how hard it would be to code...

It is either that or make it some way to make them read medical records. Like security profiles. You know

36 minutes ago, Rurik said:

I mean, I am

However I do agree a option somewhere in preferences would be nice. I simply have no desire for some characters to be cloned even though they are cloneable, and it would remove some hassle if a preference toggle would auto-reject my cloning process, or something of that nature.

I placed a suggestion a long time ago to remove clone. A lot of people had mixed feelings.

Edited by Trubus

48 minutes ago, Birdtalon said:
12 hours ago, Trubus said:

Due to my "snowflake" bio,

I laughed here and then disregarded your suggestion.

I don't think it's that absurd to be personally against cloning. Maybe you're skeptical that your soul actually transfers upon death, so you'd rather stick to your original brain and body. It's the problem of personal identity.

16 minutes ago, Hylocereus said:

Does it really effect the whole server though when it's entirely opt in? That's like saying being able to turn of traitor effects the whole server.

Anything which changes how cloning works would affect the whole server.

1 hour ago, Birdtalon said:

Anything which changes how cloning works would affect the whole server.

It doesn't change how cloning works. Nowhere has any kind of mechanical change been suggested.

The way I'm seeing it implemented, if ever such a thing was possible, it would just be something like automatically throwing an MIF on people who had it enabled. Don't have it enabled? Nothing changes.

4 hours ago, Birdtalon said:

It's not, but when a suggestion is made due to a "snowflake" thing which could potentially affect the entire server then it deserves a lot more thought.

It was label by players when I firsted started off ignoring cloning.

Make unclonability for whatever reason  a char preference ala NT relations/disabilities AND HAVE IT COME UP IN BIG RED LETTERS when someone tries to scan the corpse, problemo en el solvedad?

Or have it be an SE mutation, that might be more fun.

Edited by Doukan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Doukan said:

Make unclonability for whatever reason  a char preference ala NT relations/disabilities AND HAVE IT COME UP IN BIG RED LETTERS when someone tries to scan the corpse, problemo en el solvedad?

That is the reason this topic was made, to encourage players to voice their interest so something like this could happen

6 hours ago, Shadeykins said:

If you don't want to be cloned, stay out of your body or enable antagHUD.

Also, if people try cloning as the first thing, and it rejects you for "mental interface failure", then they might not try other methods like SR or brain transplantation.

5 hours ago, Trubus said:

Enabling antagHUD disables you from being resurrected by other means.

Exit your body when someone attempts to put you in a cloning scanner, then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use