He said/She Said

Streaky Haddock

A roboticist cries out for help in deliveries and claims the CE is trying to kill them. When found, they are standing over the CE with two stunprods. The CE is found to have cable cuffs in their backpack but that's it and afaik aren't contraband.

So what do you do in this kind of situation?

Well, first search the roboticist, then have both prods scanned for prints.

If roboticist has nothing else suspicious, and the CE's DNA is on one stunprod, charge roboticist  with weapon possession and CE with kidnapping based on clear capability and intent to do so. If CE cannot be proven to have used either prod, roboticist gets battery and weapon. If both prods can be confirmed to be CE's, roboticist gets off scot free, unless...

An examination of injuries on the CE puts the roboticist's victim status in question.

Bring them both in. Force them to both give statements that are recorded and transcribed while separated. Then get them both together again and make them confront each other verbally. Work in close proximity to the Detective, Head of Security & IAA / Magistrate. Weigh all evidence and apply Ockham's Razor. Listen to the CE beg perpetually over command coms.

I mean if I'm trying to take in two people alone that's not going to be fun >.<  Assuming this is early round then maybe support officer. If truly alone who ever runs when both are told to come to sec to chat it out is likely the guilty party. Assuming they both come willingly then I'd run it myself and just hope I don't get muderlated XD still fun tho lol. If its mid or late round who knows it may not be realistic at all. Assuming there is a crack sec squad and full legal team it would likely roll pretty straight forward.

6 hours ago, SomeGuy9283 said:

Well, first search the roboticist, then have both prods scanned for prints.

If roboticist has nothing else suspicious, and the CE's DNA is on one stunprod, charge roboticist  with weapon possession and CE with kidnapping based on clear capability and intent to do so. If CE cannot be proven to have used either prod, roboticist gets battery and weapon. If both prods can be confirmed to be CE's, roboticist gets off scot free, unless...

An examination of injuries on the CE puts the roboticist's victim status in question.

But both the CE and the roboticst wear insulated gloves

Both the CE and Robonerd pretty much have access to the same resources.

Lets start with the cries for help. What are the chances that the suspect playing the victim in the situation? It's almost uncommon. They are both in deliveries so I am assuming Cargo? If its Cargo, who is around? Are they alone or is their witnesses? What is the alert level at?

You find the CE and the Robonerd is on top of them. Is the Robonerd fleeing? He has the CE in restrains. is he hurting him? Did you examine both their injuries (ie, He/she appears to have burns or bruises).

What does it take for someone to craft a stunprod? Cable Cuffs... CE has Cables Cuffs in his bag. Did they make two by accident? If possible, check his toolbelt. Does he have any more cables? Do the same with the Robonerd in the same examination.

Those are the questions that need to be answered.

Edited by Jovaniph
grammar stuff

1 hour ago, LittleBigKid2000 said:

No no no. What you do is harmbaton both to death and space the clown for good measure.

Please dont share secret techniques. Also dont tell them since it considered as a "poor attitude" to silent baton-cuff, its better to use lethals which warden should give at roundstart. No roboticist and CE - no problem. Its good to know at least one possible tator is out.

No witnesses to the event, detective for some reason doesn't come when summoned, both seem unharmed. Cable cuffs were found in the CE's backpack but they used them to detain a grey-tider earlier in the shift. Roboticist has come to brig but for some reason won't enter processing, preferring instead to scream and keep their distance even though the CE's cuffed. 

Roboticist didn't flee at the time, but security didn't bother to bring them in from the scene. The Roboticist had to be summoned to the brig later on. 

This is a situation that came from a round while I was playing Magistrate. I was leaning towards the roboticist being innocent but all the evidence seemed so very circumstantial and at the time things were too chaotic for me to really get into detail.

Later it turned out the Chaplain had wololo'd the CE into trying to kill the roboticist but in this case we knew SOMETHING had happened, but weren't entirel sure what to do with the lack of witnesses or evidence we had.

I mean, brigging someone for attempted murder over just cable-cuffs and a totally unharmed potential victim seemed... dodgy. 

• honk 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use