Immediate SoP change request

Landerlow

I mean, if someone is hogging a subdepartment or room's resources to the detriment of the department, that's something the Head of Staff or Captain should be available to correct.

That said, I've not really ever worked a department where this really applied. Could you give some examples of "calling dibs" in and of itself being harmful? Do you mean hoarding resources(petty crime, btw)?

As for enforcing SOP.. well..

The two options are to tie it into space law, which I don't inherently have an issue with-but recognize could go horribly wrong,  and giving IAAs more power- which I definitely take issue with.

Giving IAA's more power has been discussed and was met with approval but well .. nothinig was done with it. IAA's are just assistant+ at this point.

Calling dibs is just petty and stupid. Department rooms and resources should be used by everyone in a department, not by just one person. 'Get out, this is my OR!' ... just doing my job, yo.

• Like 1

I think this kind of things are nice to solve in RP way, but some advises could be added to the wiki job pages, like "dont call ORs or keep the surgery tools for yourself because you will piss off everyone and even cause deaths" (which actually happened).

Yea I agree with handling stuff like this IC. It helps add a bit more verbal conflict to rounds which can increase RP. Also forces heads to act like heads and not just a glorified member of thier department with better access, unique tools, and thier own office.

If someone's being a dick about departmental resources, contact the department head and tell them about it.

If the head doesn't care, contact an IAA/the NTR for help.

Or just ignore whatever they're saying and use the gear anyways. If someone's claiming an OR, use the OR anyways and tell them to stop being a cunt about it. If they have all the tools in a bag and are refusing to let you use them, they're guilty of theft and you can call security.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use