Give medbay a screwdriver for defibs

ProperPants

Defibrillators can only be recharged by removing the power cell with a screwdriver, but curiously, medbay doesn't have even one screwdriver. It has a wrench and a crowbar by the cryotubes, which I assume are there for changing the oxygen tanks (even though that probably happens once in a blue moon). I don't see the harm in putting a screwdriver on the table with those two tools.

Put a whole toolbox then I won't need to fight people in tool storage for a full set of tools.

*ping

Yet another reason IPCs are superior.

EDIT: Honestly tho. Full toolbox not in the cryotube room, but rather the medbay equipment room below the lobby so only people in medbay have access to it. Less likely for the tools to get thieved as the endless waves of bodies rotating through the cryotubes won't have access.

Edited by ZN23X
  • angryeyes 1

It seems more of an oversight than anything that there isn't one, honestly. The wrench for the cryotube canisters seems to serve only to tempt greytide into sabotaging it. I'd sooner trade both crowbar and wrench for a screwdriver.

Edited by Hylocereus

22 minutes ago, Fox McCloud said:

I believe the wrench goes back to an older time when canisters didn't auto-connect to ports on initialization.

Correct

There's a locker near the cryotubes that has some crap no one uses (I think a charcoal bottle and a dropper or something?) That would be a good place for it, I know back when I played more as MD I used to drop one off in there until I got too jaded and just kept it on my person. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use