Control a cleanbot/medbot/mulebot at roundstart / as observer

Landerlow

The title says it all. Perhaps this is already implemented, but what I would like is the ability to just play as certain small bots, just like you can be a drone. Currently they need a pAI card, but couldn't ghosts/observers spawn in them without being in a pAI card first? That wouldn't be so bad, would it?

Yes it would.

A roundstart, sentient medibot with no "owner" would just be a better Paramedic. They have all access, are inherently space proof,  and being a bot (Who has no access to the binary channel) they don't take instructions from anyone. Not to mention an infinite supply of saline, charcoal and salbutamol, which they can't lose without dying.

I don't think MULEbots have all access, but they have a fair bit. It wouldn't be used for delivery, the bot would go around asking crew to hack it, until it finds someone willing to, and then it's either going to be a massive pain to the crew or validhunt. The effectiveness of a hacked MULEbot is mitigated by how unreliable and clunky to control they are, and while pAIs circumvent this, they're at least rare.

Laws, laws, laws are your answer. 

A roundstart, sentient medibot with no "owner" would just be a better Paramedic.

...and? Is that a problem? If that is a problem you might as well remove medical borgs by that logic, because they have the same chemicals in their synthesizing cyborg hypospray.  

Simple laws could prevent abuse.

Also, server rules apply. 

Drones and borgs do not ' ask ' to be emagged either. If they DO get emagged, it's a different story. It wouldn't be that hard to prevent sentient mulebots from being hacked or abused to be honest. 

One could always remove the ability to hack a mulebot. At least the angry wire (do not know what it is called, the wire that makes them able to drive over others).

Given that medibots can zippidydooda with bodies (IE: drag people) and mulebots can run over people, I don't think either of those are good ideas.

Bots DO have laws, i belive they are something close to:

Law 1: You are a bot designed to assist a Nanotrasen vessel

Law 2: you are a (medical/janitorial/repair) bot who's perpose is to (heal crewmen/keep things tidy/repair flooring)

Law 3: fuffil your perpose

Law 4: you cannot fuffil your perpose if you are hurt

Simple laws could prevent abuse.

Laws don't manage to prevent abuse on anything already lawed, I don't trust them to help here.

...and? Is that a problem? If that is a problem you might as well remove medical borgs by that logic, because they have the same chemicals in their synthesizing cyborg hypospray.  

I actually do have problems with cyborgs, medical ones included, but that's outside the scope of this thread. Although if you insist on referencing them: Borgs can be detonated, they're slaved to the station AI, they're slower than sentient bots, they're significantly more complicated to repair, they're much more expensive to build, etc.

Also, server rules apply.

Server rules are not a catch all for behavior like validhunting. They make it possible to punish the action, but intent can be hard to prove, and admins don't see everything.

Drones and borgs do not ' ask ' to be emagged either.

You'd be surprised, then.

One could always remove the ability to hack a mulebot. At least the angry wire (do not know what it is called, the wire that makes them able to drive over others).

Hacking MULEbots serves a legitimate function, and that shouldn't be exchanged just so we can have more sentient bots.

I would be strongly opposed to people being able to control mulebots. Suppose the disposals get blown to bits, the station is in trouble and you need to get a crate shipped out ASAP to head off whatever impending disaster is incoming. Well too bad because your mulebots are sentient and right now they're busy taking Ian and Renault on a joy ride. Oh and they also got hacked and the hallways are awash in the blood of their hapless victims. I think there is just too much potential for grief and trolling.

@Cidolfus

PAIs that inhabit bots get shown those laws like a borg does when put into it's chassis. I belive its the chassis you put the player in that dicides the player's laws so I belive the bots have those laws the entire time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use