Fix the Health Analyzer

Mitchs98

So I mean. The blood changes are cool and all, sure. I like them. More bleeding out means medical has to actually get off their ass and be competent. Thing is...for that to happen you now have to bandage EVERY single damaged area even with a health analyzer upgrade. It's a waste of time, resources, and generally just makes things shittier. I have no idea why this was changed so it doesn't show up with an ADVANCED health analyzer, but it makes no sense. If a health analyzer can tell a person nearly everything save for internal damages and a few diseases, why wouldn't it be able to locate a bleeding wound on someone? 

Please fix it back to save everyone a bunch of headache...as it makes no sense as to why it was removed in the first place.

This isn't a loss of functionality actually, just a small oversight.

I believe the issue is because you can still be bleeding despite the damage being healed, the health analyzer just hasn't been updated to pinpoint areas which are bleeding. I could be totally out to lunch though.

@Fox McCloud

I actually experienced a problem today where I stopped all the patient's bleeding  (including internal) but my analyzer was still registering that they were bleeding. Advanced body scanner didn't show bleeding, only the handheld.

Edited by ZN23X

2 hours ago, Shadeykins said:

This isn't a loss of functionality actually, just a small oversight.

I believe the issue is because you can still be bleeding despite the damage being healed, the health analyzer just hasn't been updated to pinpoint areas which are bleeding. I could be totally out to lunch though.

@Fox McCloud

Thing is I've used the analyzer on a dude I just cut open in surgery. All it says is they're bleeding, not where. It's more broken than anything...and is a loss of functionality. Should be re-added to the game ASAP. There's no need to make medicals' job harder than it already is, every other code base I know of has it.

Edited by Mitchs98

So there's a little bit of confusion in regards to bleeding.

As part of the blood refactor, the MOB ITSELF bleeds. It's not centered on any one particular organ. Just hit them with gauze for a temporarily stopping  the bleeding. The handheld will still say they are bleeding, but if you examine, it says they are bandaged with something. When you've healed them enough, the bleeding will stop. The gauze will fall off on its own in time, whether or not you've healed them. If they still haven't been healed, you need to apply new gauze because they will bleed again.

At the moment, I would not trust health analyzers and bleeding, except where internally bleeding.

Edited by Anticept

3 minutes ago, Anticept said:

So there's a little bit of confusion in regards to bleeding.

As part of the blood refactor, the MOB ITSELF bleeds. It's not centered on any one particular organ. Just hit them with gauze for a temporarily stopping  the bleeding. The handheld will still say they are bleeding, but if you examine, it says they are bandaged with something. When you've healed them enough, the bleeding will stop. The gauze will fall off on its own in time, whether or not you've healed them. If they still haven't been healed, you need to apply new gauze because they will bleed again.

At the moment, I would not trust health analyzers and bleeding, except where internally bleeding.

Don't you have to bandage a certain area? Or no? I'm referring to limbs and such bleeding by the way, not organs...unless limbs are considered organs. I'm confused here. I bandaged myself a few rounds ago where I ASSUMED I was bleeding and continued to bleed. 

Makes little sense ._.

I just gauze the chest. Thanks for asking, forgot to mention that. Worked every time.

As said, examine yourself after gauze. If it says they were bandaged instead of "They are bleeding!" then you've stemmed it for the time being.

Edited by Anticept

@Anticept question regarding the "gauze thier chest" thing. Does this stop the bleeding on thier whole body even if multiple limbs are classified as bleeding? Asking cuz I've been able to gauze multiple bleeding limbs without it giving me the "this has already been bandaged" message.

I'll verify with the examine technique if you are unsure.

Edited by ZN23X

The health analyzer will report if they're bleeding regardless of their bandages status; this is so you know if they have heparin in them or if you've lowered the threshold below what is required to stop the bleeding to begin with.

If the health analyzer says they're bleeding, ti means you haven't addressed the underlying brute damage or they have/had heparin in them and it hasn't clotted yet.

15 hours ago, Fox McCloud said:

The health analyzer will report if they're bleeding regardless of their bandages status; this is so you know if they have heparin in them or if you've lowered the threshold below what is required to stop the bleeding to begin with.

If the health analyzer says they're bleeding, ti means you haven't addressed the underlying brute damage or they have/had heparin in them and it hasn't clotted yet.

Under the current system you can treat all of someone's brute damage and they'll still be bleeding.

Tests complete. Stabbed myself in the legs and feet a bunch of times (and somehow mishandled the fork and poked myself in the head too), applied gauze to right hand, bleeding stopped. So where you apply gauze does not matter.

I have not been able to duplicate the issue regarding someone being fully healed and still bleeding. Sounds like an annoying little bug that's gonna be a bitch to track down, because I'm still getting complaints about it.

I also can't seem to duplicate the issue with gauze NOT working.

Edited by Anticept
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Anticept said:

Tests complete. Stabbed myself in the legs and feet a bunch of times (and somehow mishandled the fork and poked myself in the head too), applied gauze to right hand, bleeding stopped. So where you apply gauze does not matter.

I have not been able to duplicate the issue regarding someone being fully healed and still bleeding. Sounds like an annoying little bug that's gonna be a bitch to track down, because I'm still getting complaints about it.

I also can't seem to duplicate the issue with gauze NOT working.

Use Styptic Powder. The issue arises is when you use chems to heal the brute damage, at which point a health analyzer reports you as still bleeding (as does examination) despite you no longer having injuries. Furthermore, I have had a few times (both pre and post refactor) wherein I was unable to stop bleeding after it had been healed with styptic powder by using a trauma kit/gauze.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use