Machine people level up.

Nayser

1. I suggest to add 2 chems for IPc's that would be as easy to make as salline-glucose and would have no OD. 

Ion repulser - For as long as it's in IPc it makes them and their equipment invulnerable to EMP. With that SMART IPc's would no longer be as easy as one click to kill.

That chem is a must have for machine sec. officers yet it doesn't exist, yet!

Energy amplifier - Makes machine people regen stamina very fast and recover from stuns a bit faster but also drains energy. (IPc officers are now doom of swarmers!)

2. Roboticists should be able to make upgrades to IPc's! Genetics for organics, robotics for IPc's. Here are some ideas.

Improved hull - Slightly more ressistant to all damage than organics.

Impact ressistant hull - Ressistant to melee attacks and thrown items.

Lightweight material hull - Makes machine people move faster without any other changes.

Improved energy battery - Simply more energy.

Experimental energy battery - Much less energy meaning constant APC charging but immunity to EMP.

Extinguisher module - Works just like recharging wire. Except it's extinguisher and needs to be refilled with water. (Or something nasty)

Storage module - Works just like storage implant but it can be emptied simmiliar to stripping (click drag menu) and holds a bit more. 

Magnetic feet - Magnetic boots.

Legal for security only upgrades:

Space ressistant hull - Ressistant to extreme temperatures and immune to space.

Heavily fortified hull - Turns machine people into slow as dionas heavily ressistant to all damage tanks. They can no longer be pushed down by hand or pressure. The hull will replace uniform since you're too big to wear it now, you can still hold ID and belt as if you had uniform. (can still be disarmed or tased).

The Anti-Fall - Makes IPc immovable and unstunnable, requires ground to use. Takes about a second to attach your self to the ground. If moved process stops.

Energy gun hand - Energy gun with disabler and kill modes. Replaces hand. It uses IPc's energy to shoot. (Thus useless on organics)

ZGPS (Zero Gravity Propulsion System) - Works just like a jetpack but it's thrusters on arms and legs, can be turned on or off, uses IPc's energy. 

(There would be slots for hull, battery and feet. Rest can be installed freely. Common sense.)

If examining IPc, a message saying which upgrade IPc has appears. If non, it just says standart hull.

If a criminal has the upgrades, RnD can print "Reverter" so security can use it to strip an IPc off of it's upgrades.

All can be balanced with required materials and research level.

Difficulty in coding varies depending on what would be implemented, if all then ofcourse very difficult.

Sprite work wouldn't be necessary but it would make it much better (mostly for hulls).

Whew, thats a lot, hopefully just at least one thing gets implemented, because i really like IPc's, but they are so vulnerable that it's painful.

• Like 1

INVULNERABLE to EMP?
Hells no and I say this as someone who plays an IPC a lot.
Resistant enough to not be 1-shot but critically wounded? That I'd but open to discuss.

Everything else though, I don;t think they need, they're not cyborgs. They can get implants like every other crew

1 hour ago, Dinarzad said:

INVULNERABLE to EMP?
Hells no and I say this as someone who plays an IPC a lot.
Resistant enough to not be 1-shot but critically wounded? That I'd but open to discuss.

Everything else though, I don;t think they need, they're not cyborgs. They can get implants like every other crew

But they are robots. While other crew are getting cool powers from genetics. IPc's could be getting their cool upgrades from robotics to make things more fair. Besides it would make IPc's feel more like actual robots.

Being invulnerable to EMP constantly would be a big problem, you'd have to foresee if some one is after you and he will use EMP so you get a safe chem. So if traitor is sneaky he can still easily kill IPc with EMP. At the end if not full invulnerability from EMP, it could at least turn EMP into stun with some damage instead of insta-kill. IPc's are just so much more inferior to organics currently. :( You could say they don't breath - organics have oxygen tanks. They can't get diseases - organics can cure them. They don't feel pain - they also break easily.

47 minutes ago, Rumiluntti said:

Giant buff to IPCs, a race that does not need a buff.
This almost seems like a IPC player wishlist.

Actually i play as IPC rarely simply because of how they are inferior to other races. I just compared organics and IPC's and came up with ideas to make them on par with organics. In direct combat they lose because they are breakable easily. If you want to kill them sneakily you can easily make emp nade or buy cheap as hell emp flashlight. Thats some huge downsides in comparison to organics. :( 

Or perhaps they don't need a buff because they are meant to be inferior?

Edited by Nayser

Being perfectly honest. I would like EMP damage to be reduced, if only to stay in-line with the other races. There is no counter to an EMP, it's a one-hit kill. And can be used through walls. Now, if EMP's took two hits to kill you. Like plant-b-gone to diona, and bug spray to kida. It would cure alotta the salt IPC players such as myself have.

• Like 2

Not all things are meant to be "balanced", chemicals simply do not work on IPC, nor do they react inside IPCs. IPCs have already been given their versions of Narcotics as well, why should this be added besides making them on par with organics? How would they be on par with organics if they are EMP-resistant and still can't process chems?

11 hours ago, TermedClepe2 said:

IPCs could fold into a large briefcase to carry around.

I am so confused that I am laughing right now, how does this go into anything? I can't get the picture out of an Internal Affair Agent beating another person to death with a "IPC-Case".

Haven't play or unlock IPC yet, so I'm going hell of an inaccurate thought. But I think they could use the emergency welder and couple of wire cables replacing the internal kits and injector in the box by default (if not already) as how Vox needed their Voxigen tank.

Therefore, huh. Invulnerable to EMP is spooky. Meanwhile the spaceproof upgrade gave me an idea, but instead they could use some limb reinforcings upgrade from roboticist that helps them survive the pressure damage or heat/burning damage a bit longer. (if they still haven't already, again.) I mean. EMP is vicious against them but as well risky to use if not in an empty maint room and hard to obtain without access any chemistry-science workplaces and while it'll trigger a lot of alarms making every technology surrounding went crazy drawing attention to everyone at sudden.

For a race that are immune to toxin, chemical, oxygen loss, pain and then welding protection with repair-healing system easier than any other race (excluding slime people at limb growing ability) at cost of being fragile on physical damage but still functional even losing the head or still talking as a bot-brain-cube without worrying to rot. I dooon't think they needed more.

If you want to go machine. Face the machine's fear.

On the brighter side. IPCs might deserve not to go completely KO on one common cheap EMP wave. Not so sure about that, but poor tin can bastards. G-Give them a small repair kits or something. 

Honestly the entire point of this suggestion is to give IPc's some way to defend them selves against EMP.

Though i feel other suggested things would be good too. When buying machine people i expected to feel like a robot that you'd break a hand if you hit it, instead i felt like B1 droid. Hell even B1 droid can survive space (i think). x)

It's just that they are both easy to kill sneakily and in direct fight. There is still EMP flashlight and it's very cheap, remember? Organics can even heal them selves right in a fight easily, they just slap patches on them selves. Perhaps the best thing IPc's have is that they don't have bones which can break.

Even if all things i suggested would be added, IPc's would still be the same and you'd still be able to kill them like you used to but now they'd be capable of removing their huge downsides although partially or only in exchange for other downside.

That said. I do agree on nerf the fatal one hit EMP kill on them (while ion remains reasonable). I haven't really use the flashlight EMP but as long they won't make any IPC explodes in pieces entirely at one gentle tap I guess that's alright. Or isn't it? Wew.

Maybe instead make them go crazy moving uncontrolled and speak unclear in binary and go blind during EMP effect or loose some limbs rather than every limbs and drop death. 

Still tho, IPC, unlike cyborg they can be implant with RnD upgrades at cost of not being able to get geneticist and virologist's trick seems fair than it may sounds. They might not intended to be a robust specie, you are a skeletal robot after all, but they are real sweet for engineering task with no need to breath and such. Let the borgs handle the tougher situation. Or become one of them. Toggling max suit sensors might save you by a pin but at most case the tators usually fucked up on EMP or prefers the classic combat that takes the IPCs some advantages. Sneaking attack an IPC isn't always easy, not even in direct combat should they run away without being slowed by pain.

On the healing talk, it's true that organics can heal themselves by drugging with patches and stuff. But those require good chemists and medbay's effort. Surely you can't print them from cargo or a punch them at some vendors out there. And yes... broken bones and organ failures just always be there. Be glad you don't have to be worry on blood loss or passing out from pain.

The only EMP protection for IPC I could think of is only to reducing the damage sustainability replacing with severe debuff and instabilities. They could use some cloak protection on demands like you suggested but always and still not fully protected. Armor just never works as intend-

Wait they can wear armor too?! *sniff

Will it work on my snofleks mechanical heart?

I don't want it to.

If this came into existence I'd also like to see something similar to being healed with something as common as welders and cable coil and the ability to have limbs reattached on any table with no tools for all other races.

I know...SMART organics would make sure they constantly have medical supplies on them and a hemostat in case they lose a limb.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use