Follow-up/continuation thread about sleeper agents

Landerlow

In another topic here, the idea of sleeper agents was mentioned. I approve of this idea wholeheartedly. I thought it'd be better to create a seperate topic to expand on this suggestion.

Sleeper agents could be ' made '  in different ways:

Random rolls at certain points of the round.

Events for a randomly rolled player which would give them the option to either join the traitor's faction, or not. If they were to choose to remain loyal to NT, well, this opens up some possibilities of establishing a counter-espionage division of some sorts, your imagination is the limit. Or, perhaps, a way of players to say, in a round " I hate nanotrasen! I QUIT! YOU DONKPOCKETS!" (etc) .. and then get an option to get added into an 'antag pool'  or something. 

You could also have 'minor'  antag roles/objectives, such as: Smuggle ore or other items out of the station as a cargo technician, by secretly stuffing it in a crate with a paper in it with a text on it, and making sure the crate is not discovered, yet shipped off via the shuttle right under command's noses. This would also increase roleplay possibilities for customs officers (which would perhaps be cargo technicians who just randomly search grey crates or something) .. this might need some work.

Other objectives: Make unsynced borgs as a roboticist, or with a modified law to obey the roboticist, for later use ... 

So

Many

Possibilities

I just LOVE thinking them up. I'll come up with more later. But really though, I think once the 'base' or 'template'  for a sleeper system is in place, new objectives could be added, I find the current traitor objectives a bit repetitive. 

Codewords, that's another thing, and communication between traitors: There is a serious lack of working together from what I experienced so far. I usually buy the syndicate encryption key which also gives me access to the traitor channel. I always ask: "Is anyone here?"

-

-

Nope

I try to use codewords if they're not too ridiculous at times, but there are barely responses.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vladimir Lukowsky said:

Codewords, that's another thing, and communication between traitors: There is a serious lack of working together from what I experienced so far. I usually buy the syndicate encryption key which also gives me access to the traitor channel. I always ask: "Is anyone here?"

-

-

Nope

I try to use codewords if they're not too ridiculous at times, but there are barely responses.

I remember i saw this one traitor stealing the same magboots i needed to steal. I went back to my work area and waited till he stashed it. He came to me later and was asking me for psychological help. AH YES. I GOT IT *WINK* (Insert first part of code work into sentence)

He did not understand. I used all code words. He did not understand. I told him to come back to my office so I could treat him. It was not until he stunned me, cuffed me to the chair and was about to force feed me poison did i have to blurt out that i was a traitor. He didn't know until that point. Like if you're a traitor at least try and remember some of the phrases. 

• Like 1

Coincidentally, YESTERDAY I had a SUCCESSFUL experience with codewords :D   .. I noticed someone following me .. and then I decided to use a drink name (codeword) in a conversation I started about what his favorite drink was. He asked why I was so .. curious (curious was a code response) .. then I told him my favorite drink was (code word drink name) .. and even used more codewords. It was glorious

• Like 3

I like this idea, especially if they can work in tandem with actual traitors with toned down objectives to basically prep things for traitors with sleeper agents having objectives such as steal something small like a bowman headset or someone's stsmp along with smuggle objectives to ship it out through cargo or stash it in a specific place. Sleeper agents should never have a kill objective hence the sleeper status

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use