Nuke ops as thier own entity

ZN23X

Here's a "I died plz nerf dis"

Sort of...

Just rolled Nuke Ops for the first time in 2-3 months. My regular character has a mechanical heart. I was unaware my nuke op apparently also has a mechanical heart because of this. I died to a fellow nuke ops EMPed a borg near us. *I* even though of getting EMP implant which I apparently would have killed myself with.

Can Nuke Ops be altered to just spawn as a generic meatbag instead of carrying over my other character's traits? 

I know the easy solution is don't have a mechanical heart. It leads to some interesting situations IC from time to time and follows my characters backstory.

• Like 3

Aww that's lame...when I saw you were a nukie I was like "yay, Tetra finally got antag!" But yeah, sounds like a bug. Post on github?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spacemanspark said:

You can always ahelp if you want it removed for the round.

I'll do that when I get nuke ops again in a few months lol

Thanks tho, didn't know I could do that.

Edited by ZN23X

All prefs should probably *not* carry over when you're a nukie, for this very reason.

I remember IPC nukies. They were the worst. They broadly fell into two categories: those who tried their best and recognized that they probably weren't going to last long...andddd those who expected to be catered to because they were IPC.

Diona nukies was also bad "I'll be there in a few days"

• Like 3

Here's a suggestion: git gud scrub. :^)

just kidding, but as spark said: it's like that for a reason. I got nuke op the other day and he looked really weird because he looked like a human S.T.E.V.E.N and it was just really strange.

if your character has been a traitor then it's reasonable to say that person has worked for the syndicate before, I think the logic is: that nuke op is meant to be you. Now obviously Tetra would never be a nuke op for RP reasons, but I still think that's the general idea.

or I could be way off and completely wrong. *shrugs*

Pretty much. Why would NT hire people who moonlight in making nuclear explosions happen on their stations? Wouldn't make too much sense; so I think it's safe to assume that you are not your character that round, so should be a generic human.

• Like 1

Definitely should be a completely different character. Why would the syndicate send someone in their super elite nuclear operative squad with a mechanical heart which can be one shot.... they're not -that- incompetent are they?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use