Make it so Borgs can join mid-round, like they can on another server

Varlun

Simple really. I visited another server briefly and noticed that Borgs were able to join throughout the round. They could spawn at either arrivals or the AI core- it was an option in the character setup. Definitely think we should do that. Please comment if you agree!

• Like 1

I've never seen the option to join as a Borg, even at very round start. And from what I've seen, only ONE Borg spawns with the station. So... I don't see how this is implemented.

20 minutes ago, Varlun said:

I've never seen the option to join as a Borg, even at very round start. And from what I've seen, only ONE Borg spawns with the station. So... I don't see how this is implemented.

The way it is set up right now is just like any other job slot, there is a limited amount unless someone opens more slots up or the person who spawned as it goes into the robotics storage unit. There is currently only one slot so someone is probably beating you to it every time, and yes, the borg at round-start counts for this, just like how if someone spawns as the HoP, you can't just join in as the HoP unless they cryo or get demoted.

Edited by shazbot194

As I said before, borgs have a lot of potential to affect the round compared to an average crewmember. We need to consider that while trying to establish a good amount of borgs running around that won't make them too ubiquitous. 

There is also the issue of robotocists needing a job. If all the borgs can spawn at roundstart, the whole area of robo dudes borging people is out if the window except for EoCs. Not necessarily a bad change, but a change we should consider before we implement anything. 

Personally, I'm not sure how to go about finding the right numbers, but I'm open to suggestions. I'll merrily compile the relevant server logs needed, like that one thread about karma we had a while back. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use