Ghetto Chem ideas!

SomanB

So, a discussion on Discord about meth labs kind of made me realize...we don't have anything really "meth lab" like on Para.  Our friendly greytidian forces are stuck breaking into Scichem, or acquiring a chemmaster board and parts to make their evil concoctions.  This really isn't in the spirit of maint hobos everywhere, so I propose a new thing.

Crafting item. 5 sheets of metal,, 3 buckets, 10 rods, 5 glass, a spray bottle, two O2 tanks, an igniter, and 5 pipes. This crafts a ghetto chemmaster that only has x power, does not recharge, and has a Y% chance of just doing something awful on use.  Maybe it explodes, maybe it vents a ton of toxic gas, maybe it even causes a fire!

Point being behind this, is it's all stuff a maint rat can track down.  It works, but only kind of. It's risky.  Using it leads to a chance that the detective can pull some forensics and nab you

• Like 2

Instead of some shitty chem master that would eventually run out, I'd rather just have a "Chemistry Set" item be craftable, along with some methods of obtaining chemicals in maintanence/space.

I disagree with the Chem Master and its' disregard for the fundamental rule of alchemy, I don't need another disposable one to be made.

That said, I agree that there be risks involved in making chemicals in a ghetto manner. Hell, I'd even agree to it for regular chemistry.

SpaceBlini.jpg

An interesting idea, but I think you'd need to be very careful about what kind of chems it has and how many units.

300 Water, 300 Potassium for instance is about 15-20 charge and creates an explosion the size of a maxcap.

I like the idea. Random explosion on the vacant office? Traitors? Nope. Just a freaking assistant trying to make space drugs. Could get really dangerous, but I think that can add to the round. 

I think an interesting way to do it would be more to make it so the fundamental chemicals are able to be produced in some way other than being generated magically via a machine.  I don't like the idea of just having another magical dispenser that gives you all the chems you want.  Make people scrounge for it and use materials at hand by creating a machine that can break down things into their composite elements.

For example, if I want to make Mannitol without a chem master, I'd buy a bunch of breadtubes and extract the sugar, then I'd get water from a sink or water tank and use Electrolysis to separate the hydrogen from the water. Then, I'd mix that Hydrogen with Sugar, and Water to make Mannitol.  Or for sulfuric acid, I'd use the same method for water and hydrogen, and extract the sulfur from eggs. 

I think it would be interesting to scourge around the station looking for the right materials that have the elements you need. If you need plasma for example, the best way to get it would be stealing a plasma tank, but that's not exactly going to be easy to steal, and it would lead to some 'interesting' RP if security finds your lab.

Here's an idea of how you could get what you need for meth:

Iodine - Extract from potatos 
Phosphorus - Extract from many foods, primarily milk, cheese or wheat
Hydrogen - Extra from water
Nitrogen - Extract from the air, air tanks
Ethanol - Extra from boose, or distill from fruits
Sugar - Extract from most foods
Welding fuel - Available in tanks
Carbon - Extract from from metal

I think it would also be cool to have a type of ghetto chem-master that can create less effective pills and patches, something like 80% pills and 40% patches.

This would of course be a massive bitch to code, but yea, it would be cool. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use