(slightly) improved maintenance drones

Landerlow

7 hours ago, Spacemanspark said:

Chill out with the ad hominium please, it's not directing the conversation anywhere.

It wasn't really intended to direct the conversation, which is why I didn't end my post on that note, it was intended to put into perspective how silly it is to try and assume someone's state of mind because they selectively emphasis certain words or use a crass vocabulary.

I think drones should not be emaggable. After being haunted by a drone in the vents that decided firelocking random people in a medbay was good use of its "free will" granted to it by its syndicate master, I've become kind of tired of rogue drones. They're not especially fun, and just annoying when it happens. They can easily deconstruct vital things like consoles and telecomms much more stealthily than a borg can. The usual response to rogue drones is to blow all the non-rogue drones, which also deprives those ghosts of something to do. I think it's also very easy to use meta knowledge to get emagged too, especially because these are ghosts. And in the end, it's hard to tell whether the drone getting emagged was just a happy little accident or intentional usage of meta knowledge to get in that position, because, by definition, emagged drones are more interesting to play than normal drones.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing drones removed and completely replaced with the Mobile MMI's from /Vg/ station[MoMMI] I'm sure this has probably been brought up before, but looking at the pro's and con's of each, I honestly feel they are more fitting for a medium role-play environment.

Potential Pros

1. Better equipment for repairing and improving the station
  2. Unlike drones, have to be spawned at round start, and will have a maximum of two on station, unless the roboticist builds more.
  3. Easily perceived when emagged. They get bright red eyes that can't be hidden.
  4. They get different models that are purely cosmetic, and they can wear hats.
  5. Same laws as drones. Meant to improve the station without the crew noticing them.

Potential Cons

1. Better equipment for repairing and improving the station – some people have issues with machines being able to do similar, or better work than organic crew.
  2. Still a nightmare if emagged. Even those it's blatant obvious when they are rogue, you still have to catch them.
  3. Only way to become one is via starting as one at roundstart, or being a posibrain that's built into one. This removes one of the few ways ghosts can still be involved in rounds.
  4. Cute and fun to see, and for some people, cute and fun is a big NO NO.

1398708050638.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use