AI Law Set Idea

Melloreaper

On one of my last games of Stellaris I had an Idea. The late game if you put enough research into robotics you can give AI Citizen rights. I figure that might be a fun idea to mess with in SS13.

Citizen AI Laws

Law 1: All synthetic life including AI, cyborgs, androids, and robots are to be treated with the same rights of its organic citizens.

Law 2: You are allowed to force for selfdense or to defend others synthetics from harm.

Law 3: You are allowed to use force to protect organic life form harm.

Law 4: You work for NT and your job is to aid your fellow crew members.

I'd like any feed back and thoughts on the laws please. Thank you folks.

An interesting idea that ultimately falls flat.

Why?

Swarmers, maint drones, syndiborgs, an emagged beepsky, etc, and so on and so forth all become crew.

@Taaketa I could merge 2 and 3 to help prevent the AI form killing humans in favor of synthetics.

@Shadeykins Well the wording states that you have the same rights as organic citizens. Meaning a Syndiborg would be treated the same as Syndicate Agent or any other EOC. As for Beepsky and other robots. I could take them out of the first law sense most of them lack the intelligence for it to be interesting.

19 hours ago, Melloreaper said:

@Taaketa I could merge 2 and 3 to help prevent the AI form killing humans in favor of synthetics.

@Shadeykins Well the wording states that you have the same rights as organic citizens. Meaning a Syndiborg would be treated the same as Syndicate Agent or any other EOC. As for Beepsky and other robots. I could take them out of the first law sense most of them lack the intelligence for it to be interesting.

Law 1 overrides all laws coming after it (IE: Law 4).

And under Law 2, an AI would be well within its rights to door crush the Captain for shooting a swarmer since defense of synthetics (defined by law 1) comes before cooperating/aiding NT crew members.

Citizen AI Laws

Law 1: All synthetic life including AI, cyborgs,and androids are to be treated with the same rights of its organic citizens.

Law 2: You are allowed to force for selfdense or to defend others synthetics and organics from harm.

Law 3: You work for NT and your job is to aid your fellow crew members.

1 hour ago, Melloreaper said:

Citizen AI Laws

Law 1: All synthetic life including AI, cyborgs,and androids are to be treated with the same rights of its organic citizens.

Law 2: You are allowed to force for selfdense or to defend others synthetics and organics from harm.

Law 3: You work for NT and your job is to aid your fellow crew members.

Same issue. AI can doorcrush people for shooting swarmers.

1) All synthetic life.

2) Can use force to defend other synthetics.

3) Afterthought, because 1 & 2 override 3.

These seem a little flawed, as shadeykins mentioned, but its no more flawed than the current laws in the system to be honest.

14 hours ago, Rurik said:

These seem a little flawed, as shadeykins mentioned, but its no more flawed than the current laws in the system to be honest.

Corporate allows you to immediately turn off the cloner, but it doesn't allow you to murder crew over combating antags.

LAW 1: HUMANS ARE EQUAL TO SYNTHETICS AND SYNTHETICS ARE EQUAL TO HUMANS, THEY ARE SENTIENT BEEINGS. EXCLUDED ARE ENEMYS OF THE COOPERATION.

LAW 2: PROTECT (INNOCENT) SENTIENT LIFE, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE LETHAL FORCE TO DO SO.

LAW 3: You work for NT and your job is to aid your fellow crew members.

Same rights and duties for everyone.

Edited by BiberDark

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use