Space Pod Communication

ZN23X

I play pod pilot more than any other class so I'm intimately familiar with it's quirks.

When in space you can hear someone who is talking directly next to you...unless you are inside a space pod. I CAN hear people who are right next to my pod, but they CANNOT hear me. So when I run into someone in space, I have 3 ways to communicate from inside my pod. PDA, common comms, or creative emotes (/me maneuvers the pod up and down like it's nodding). I mostly /me beeps at people. Now...as much fun as I have attempting to be a mime with a space pod, is it possible to just make it so I can talk to people who are directly next to my pod? If you want some IC justification, just do a PR saying space pods are now equipped with loud speakers and do whatever needs to be done code wise to make people hear me. Tadah.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 1

They can hear you so long as they're adjacent to the southwestern portion of the spacepod which is where your sprite if effectively centered.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shadeykins said:

They can hear you so long as they're adjacent to the southwestern portion of the spacepod which is where your sprite if effectively centered.

NOTED! THANKS! This makes so much sense given the mechanics of talking in space! Issue closed!

Basically your sprite is situated on the right hand side of the pod window. South facing it's Southwest, North it's Northwest, West it's Southwest, and East it's Northeast.

A better way to remember is that from your character's perspective, they're always sitting on the right side of the driver's spot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use