Security Camera Computers

ZN23X

My goal here is to make all security camera computers work the same.

Anyone who uses these already knows it's cumbersome. A big box pops up that covers your entire screen with an enormous list of every camera on the station and you have to scroll through, pick a camera, scroll back to the top, drag the box out of the way and take a look. Wash rinse repeat.

Currently, the computer on the bridge and in the HOS office are what I would call the  "advanced" computers. They populate a list of all cameras just like the rest of the compurers BUT also have a sub list of locations at the very top. Like if I just want to look at the mining outpost, I can close all sub lists aside from mining outpost and ONLY the mining outposts cameras come up. This makes the camera system much less cumbersome as there are less cameras to scroll through.

The rest of the computers just get a huge list with no sub list which makes it much more difficult especially if you are looking at cameras towards the bottom of the list.

I'm not sure if this is an access thing or if they are just slightly differently coded computers, but is it possible to make it so ALL camera computers have the sub list?

Edited by ZN23X

It'll be nice if it worked the same way how the slime cameras work. The user interface can have buttons that allow you to jump to certain areas of the map or z-levels for outpost and stuff.

AFAIK, this is a deliberate implementation made to slow down the usage of cameras in order to discourage people actively monitoring them 24/7.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this has been brought up and shot down a few times for "needlessly buffing security and penalizing antags".

I agree with Shadeykins

That said, I think it would be nice if it received some minor QoL improvements, because it really is a bit of a clusterfuck of buttons that have no organization to them at all aside from alphabetizing.

Departmental separators would be nice.

Edited by Love-To-Hug

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use