Speech bubbles

CruelCoin

Hi All,

Maybe i do't have my settings right, maybe i don't have a mod that allows this, but i have particular trouble following the thread of conversation in the text window.

It's immersion breaking for me to look away from the game to follow what's going on in the chat, and i invariably miss important points of conversation.

Suggestion: When something is spoken, have it appear in a speech bubble onscreen above the speakers head.

The only problem I see with this is that the screen could easily become cluttered in areas with high population density, such as the emergency shuttle, and as Flattest said:

32 minutes ago, FlattestGuitar said:

That would require a massive overhaul of how the chat works, but it might not be a terrible idea...

Otherwise, if it became an optional setting that could easily be turned on and off, I don't see any further issues with it.

Personally, I wouldn't have this enabled, but many others might prefer to have it. Again, I don't really see a problem with this feature as long as it's optional.

My worry here would be people obscuring stuff with huge sentences. It'd ofc have to be an option. I'd never use it, but if others would then I see no problems with it.

Another concern would be people using these bubbles to pinpoint where hiding/invisible/sneaky people are located. Hiding in a locker/etc and taunting someone for not being able to find you seems impossible if they can just use a speech bubble to locate your hiding spot.

This would be amazing with a hotkey toggle.

Sounds like it'd be hard as hell to implement though - especially when you consider almost all of us play on 2x sprite size mode. It's easy to forget just how small the rendering area actually is.

Edited by Love-To-Hug

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use