Kidneys and Liver

ZN23X

I had a match the other day where alot of misfortune happened that resulted in both my legs being replaced with robotic legs but I had broken hips most of the round. Due to the robotic legs it didn't make me walk slower like it normally would. I wasn't suffering periodic damage. Just kept getting messaged about bones moving in my hips.

Sometime later I finally got surgery to fix my hips and was informed that my liver and kidneys were completely dead. I carried on the rest of the round suffering no ill effects from this.

Decided I'd test this out and went onto snowstation. Completely removed all the lower body organs from a monkey, then set it up side by side with another monkey with all the organs in tact. Gave them the same amount of toxin. Same results on both. They even metabolized charcoal at the same rate.

If your brain is removed you die (duh)

Damage to your heart and lungs or if they are removed it causes you to suffer oxy damage.

Your kidneys and liver should have some link to causing AND curing toxic damage.

Adding such a function would do two things. It would make these organs more realistically necessary, and it would also make it so people don't need to find charcoal when suffering a minor amount of toxic damage.

Liver already does. Liver damage causes you to take toxins damage, and no liver means you get instantly drunk.

Not sure about kidneys.

21 minutes ago, Shadeykins said:

Not sure about kidneys.

I want to say they have something to do with toxin filtering. One weekend, the brig kept getting cyanide-gassed and we needed kidney surgery, though I may be mistaken.

1 hour ago, Shadeykins said:

Liver already does. Liver damage causes you to take toxins damage, and no liver means you get instantly drunk.

Is it the liver damage that makes you take toxic damage or is it just the alcohol? Because again, my liver and kidneys were literally dead (as damaged as possible) and I was having no ill effects from it.

I think the liver and kidneys take damage from toxins but I don't think the liver and kidneys are the cause of any negative effect.

I'll experiment on my monkeys more with alcohol and gasses n stuff.

Edited by ZN23X

So after checking the organ code, it would appear that bum kidneys only have the affect of drowning you in tox damage if you decide to have a cup of coffee.

As for the liver:

two stages of infection are possible: first is itchy skin, second is vomiting

Having more than 60 tox damage will cause liver damage until it is treated or you die. If your liver fails from this, then organ damage will be randomly assigned each processing tick to a random internal organ

Using charcoal to heal tox damage will result in small gains to liver health

Damage to the liver beyond even the "bruised" threshold will cause you to take small tox damage from having alcohol in your system and moderate tox damage from having any normal toxin in your system in addition to the affects of the actual toxin.

Additionally, there is a filter_effect variable that is currently unused, but is set to change based on liver heath.

These are all the affects of organ damage in the actual organ code,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use