Minor lore suggestion, boring shifts exist but aren't played

mkenner

Just an idea that occurred to me the other day. Briefly mentioned it to Neca, but thought I should maybe put it in the suggestions forum and see what people think.

As a very minor point of lore/cannon, I think it'd be good to establish that in universe between the wild Nuke Op Changeling Wizard rounds there are some very minor shifts where absolutely nothing happens that just never get played. I think this would help people view role-playing their characters a little differently, as they wouldn't necessarily need to be suspicious every time they arrive to work or imagine the station as being constantly under siege by the syndicate, etc.

This is something that I've had in my personal head-cannon for a while, but I think it might be good to consider whether we should add it to our lore just for roleplaying purposes and make it official.

What do people think? Or do you think that SS13 should be a wild and rough place where every single time there's a work shift people's lives are in the balance? Because that'd be a valid way to picture our lore as well. Alternatively is it better to have no official stance, and everyone can picture it how they like personally?

Cheers,

MKenner (Retired).

I'd rather we discuss neca's newfound ability of necromancy seeing as you're back from the dead

Good to see you again ;)

It makes sense, honestly. I mean, realistically, you wouldn't have life or death shifts every freaking day, or nobody would work for you, no matter how much you pay them.

Hiya Regen :D

Well hearing screams, clown honks and explosions from Neca's computer recently lured me back to playing a bit, so that I can be the one screaming, being honked and dying in explosions rather than just enjoying it vicariously from across the room.

Having a lot of fun Janitoring about the station and waging a one sentient being war against litter, blood and viscera.

That's always been my headcanon tbh, otherwise it really makes no sense unless the station is a reality tv show or insane asylum.

This could probably be easily tied in to NanoTrasen lore once it gets a looky-loo. Something along the lines of "While NanoTrasen faces many existential threats throughout the year, many of the fiscal quarters are uneventful - with only minor skirmishes between NanoTrasen and hostile entities such as the Syndicate."

Maybe it could be something Lifeweb-y, and say this is all just one very long nightmare. Characters are forced to go to work every day because it's all just a dream they have little control over. If you manage to make friends or get into a relationship during the nightmare, you'll watch them all die a thousand times, and wake up with all of them gone, if you ever do wake up.

...I probably need therapy or something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use