Going ssd when you get cought commiting a crime/greytiding

Daniel Huren

i find it a bit irritating when a player who is breaking minor laws and if security arrests them they go ssd even if there timer is ten minutes or less this bugs me for two reasons one ic and one ooc cause it often leaves the sec officer wondering what to do and even if its already covered in sop and it also from an ooc standpoint means there avoiding punishment in ic cause there bored or were not an antag and im not talking about suicide here i mean ghosting cause you cant be fucked to sit out your timer now i understand the issues with banning people for this but it would be nice if possible for it leading to a ban if you do this constantly to avoid punishment for being a greytide ic

Absolutely.

I find it incredibly irritating when I arrest someone and they go SSD.

I think implementing a rule to counter that will discourage people from just greytiding and leaving the game as soon as their fun is cut short by redshirts.

That said, we do need to consider that their option will still be sitting in their cell and whacking a window with their shoes. Are we sure we want that?

This could be easily appended by adding a rule to the SSD thing, that's it's fine to process, search, and brig an SSD person who goes SSD upon being arrested.

Nine times out of ten when I've made an ahelp to do just that (that has been declined) and I place the person in cryo as asked, they immediately pop back out again 5-10 minutes later.

When a crook goes SSD, I process them as though they were still in-game. Search their shit, put their non-contraband in the locker, set the timer, boom done.

It's technically a violation of the rules regarding SSD players, but I'd argue that - since they still "have" their gear and haven't been murderized - the spirit of the SSD server rule is preserved. No one gets abused, no one gets killed and NO ONE ESCAPES THE LAW.

When a crook goes SSD, I process them as though they were still in-game. Search their shit, put their non-contraband in the locker, set the timer, boom done.

It's technically a violation of the rules regarding SSD players, but I'd argue that - since they still "have" their gear and haven't been murderized - the spirit of the SSD server rule is preserved. No one gets abused, no one gets killed and NO ONE ESCAPES THE LAW.

The issue is inconsistency. Some admins are OK with this, others aren't.

I don't know of any Admins that aren't okay with processing a criminal who goes SSD after being caught.

The only time I won't allow Security to process an SSD player is if the player was SSD before being caught. For instance the other day Security Officers found an SSD guy hiding in a locker in maintenance. He was Wanted, sure, but he had gone SSD long before they ever found him. I just told them to take him to cryosleep.

I don't know of any Admins that aren't okay with processing a criminal who goes SSD after being caught.

The only time I won't allow Security to process an SSD player is if the player was SSD before being caught. For instance the other day Security Officers found an SSD guy hiding in a locker in maintenance. He was Wanted, sure, but he had gone SSD long before they ever found him. I just told them to take him to cryosleep.

I don't want to name names, but I've ahelped and been told explicitly to put them in cryo without touching a thing in their inventory.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use