Terror Spider Mode

ZN23X

I'm sure many will agree with this n I'm just putting it up here to help any momentum this might have. Just played a round where terror spiders appeared within the first 15 minutes, we spent all the way until the 2 hour shuttle fighting them. It felt like a really long and challenging but exciting round. Antags job is to make the game more exciting. Mission accomplished.

PLEASE add this as a game mode in the normal rotation. It was SO much freaking fun.

EDIT: Wanted to add cuz I think this is important, I've been in many matches where terror spiders seem to be a later round thing if the primary antags either fail or are boring, but this round specifically had them very early and it made a big difference.

Edited by Guest

Thanks!

Here's the result from the round-end satisfaction poll:

Did you enjoy the Terror Spiders round?

- Yes: 52 votes (77%)

- Meh: 12 votes

- No: 3 votes

I don't think its ready to be a gamemode yet (that round required a fair bit of adminbus to have it go so well).

Still, perhaps with a few more PRs, it could be.

Not sure if this has been experimented with but maybe also make it so blob rounds don't have a hard end to them when the blob reaches a certain size. This terror spider round felt alot like a blob round where the whole station has to pitch in against the threat. Maybe make it so blob rounds just automatically call the shuttle when the blob reaches a certain size kind of like when the cult calls thier diety.

EDIT: though for the sake of realism I supposed the shuttle wouldn't be called due to quarantine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use