Magistrate Changes

BrandonSacawv

This very much makes magistrate a defacto member of command, which is not the intent.

Alright, what about just the bridge access? Magistrates often have to interface with members of command.

Additionally, the SOP counterpart to the Magistrate, the NT Rep, has those things.

Bridge and heads meeting room would be very useful, I agree. Good place for private chats and access to more donuts. I even remember them having it at one point. I think it was removed because of how often magi's were going in there and acting like members of command. Not sure if anyone can fill in my memory?

Bridge and heads meeting room would be very useful, I agree. Good place for private chats and access to more donuts. I even remember them having it at one point. I think it was removed because of how often magi's were going in there and acting like members of command. Not sure if anyone can fill in my memory?

Alright cool. I only added the keycard auth as someone else suggested it to me, and it made sense considering that the NT Rep has one. Regardless, my original and strongest point on the list is the bridge access. I feel like if a specific magistrate is overstepping or acting as if they are in command, they could just be job banned.

I have always complained that the Magistrate does not have bridge access yet is supposed to wield some authority and respect, which I find counter-intuitive.

That said, a Magistrate who would just hang out in the bridge, or over-step by acting like command, would be kinda lame.

I don't know... They need meeting room access for sure (add an external door to it?)... I would say risking bridge access might be doable given that it's a 50 karma job and so not too many doofuses will be abusing it.

NT Rep isn't a member of Command either but they get Bridge access. They have 0 authority over the crew and only purpose is to provide advice and push people towards the SoP/Legal way of doing things and ratting out anyone else to CC. Magistrate is the only VIP who doesn't get Bridge access and that's kind of weird imo.

What about giving the Magistrate a Request Console? Their Office doesn't have any. Not certain if the console should have the announcement system though.

Magistrate office is directly connected to IAA office with just one door. Magistrate can easily enter here and use request console.

What about giving the Magistrate a Request Console? Their Office doesn't have any. Not certain if the console should have the announcement system though.

Magistrate office is directly connected to IAA office with just one door. Magistrate can easily enter here and use request console.

This is terrible logic. Aside from the fact that request consoles are everywhere to begin with, you can hear 3 or 4 of them depending upon where you stand in Quartermaster's office.

Request consoles are very specific job (areas) to get supplies or help they need, as well as allow for the sending of information and (anonymous) tips to specific areas. If someone believes security is not applying space law properly, particularly in capitol offenses or major crime cases, they should be able to send a message right to the magistrate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use