Remove Growth Serum

Shadeykins

Growth serum received a nerf to make it only raise a sprite to 1.5x size. This despite the PR outright removing it having three times as much approval.

This is a suggestion to (as before) outright remove the mechanic (not nerf it). It's silly, jarring, and has no place on the server.

Growth serum received a nerf to make it only raise a sprite to 1.5x size. This despite the PR outright removing it having three times as much approval.

This is a suggestion to (as before) outright remove the mechanic (not nerf it). It's silly, jarring, and has no place on the server.

This was a decision taken by the maintainers to overrule the majority.

I do not agree with it, and still fully support deleting the growth serum entirely.

Just because code is from TG doesn't mean it doesn't fit the server.

Outright removing something people are clearly having fun with isn't the right approach, especially so soon. New features are almost always overused while they're still new. I've seen very little use of the growth serum in the past few days.

If 1.5x is still too much and out of place, then that's the argument you should be going with. I'm unsure if I support it as I've seen so little of it.

I'm not saying we shouldn't put any code from TG.

I'm saying that porting whole new blocks (like botany overhaul) can be bad for RP we are trying to achieve.

Botany can do so much now, with all the "injection" and "squishing" effects, that it makes me question if this is what this server needs. Purely my opinion.

Maybe I said it in a way too rude way. I'm sorry if that is the case.

Porting TGs botany gives us a really good foundation to work with, the code side of it is much better and allows way more features.

Now the tweaking can come into play - such as removing or changing growth serum.

Botany can do so much now, with all the "injection" and "squishing" effects, that it makes me question if this is what this server needs

Injection, squishing, smoke, bluespace teleporting, and most of the other traits all existed with old botany.

The difference is, new botany isn't so esoteric, difficult to understand, or overly-complex, so more people are playing it now and learning how to properly utilize botany, on the whole.

There are new features, for sure, in addition to some new interactions, but for the most part--it's just more accessible and presented a lot better to the player.

Botany can do so much now, with all the "injection" and "squishing" effects, that it makes me question if this is what this server needs

Injection, squishing, smoke, bluespace teleporting, and most of the other traits all existed with old botany.

The difference is, new botany isn't so esoteric, difficult to understand, or overly-complex, so more people are playing it now and learning how to properly utilize botany, on the whole.

There are new features, for sure, in addition to some new interactions, but for the most part--it's just more accessible and presented a lot better to the player.

Now that we've had a week with the reduced size Growth Serum, and closed the one for removing it.... would you be opposed to re-opening the one for removing Growth Serum, so that conversation can be had with the context of the nerf?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use