Giving the sol trader a market.

shazbot194

Do you think this is a good idea?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So one thing that has always bugged me about the Sol trader event is the limited equipment stockpile they spawn with. So my though was why not replace their spawn with something more akin to a market with vendors, to give a new place to spend money. This market would have several vendors, including a couple branches of the sydicate, such as Waffle-Donk Inc, DonkSoft, and Gorlex Marauders, as well as Nanotrasen, an exotic food vendor, possibly an exotic pet vendor, and several other vendors with equipment that might be hard or impossible to get on station. So what do you guys think of implementing this? Please tell me as I might code this in.

So one thing that has always bugged me about the Sol trader event is the limited equipment stockpile they spawn with. So my though was why not replace their spawn with something more akin to a market with vendors, to give a new place to spend money. This market would have several vendors, including a couple branches of the sydicate, such as Waffle-Donk Inc, DonkSoft, and Gorlex Marauders, as well as Nanotrasen, an exotic food vendor, possibly an exotic pet vendor, and several other vendors with equipment that might be hard or impossible to get on station. So what do you guys think of implementing this? Please tell me as I might code this in.

Don't use credits. The economy is too broken for this. It would also encourage the Traders to simply take people to Jupiter Station (the Trader start area) and let the crew buy whatever they want. It would turn Traders into mere taxi-cab drivers, and be totally broken.

Some form of Trader Points, that only Traders get, might be viable though.

It would be fine to clear out all the useless junk that Trader spawn has, but nobody ever wants. Things like tier 1 micro-manipulators. Nobody ever trades that stuff.

If you want to add new, cool things that Traders have, be sure to remember:

- It should probably be at least a little randomized, so we don't end up with a single 'best combination' that every trader picks.

- There should be multiple categories, from food, supplies, etc, to weapons, engineering items, strange objects, etc.

- The Sol Traders work for Sol Gov. I'm not sure how willing they'd be to deal with Syndicate items. After all, if its Contraband in NT-owned stations, wouldn't it be contraband in Solgov ones too? Why would they allow a Syndicate NPC to flog Syndie items there? Why would the Syndie NPC even agree to sell their stuff there?

Money is ridiculously easy to get.

Spend 10 minutes on the slots machine or botany and buy everything.

Don't use credits. The economy is too broken for this. It would also encourage the Traders to simply take people to Jupiter Station (the Trader start area) and let the crew buy whatever they want. It would turn Traders into mere taxi-cab drivers, and be totally broken.

Some form of Trader Points, that only Traders get, might be viable though.

While I don't disagree that right now money is too easy to come by right now, it would be very easy to limit the returns of the slot machine and how much the money tree gives.

The Sol Traders work for Sol Gov. I'm not sure how willing they'd be to deal with Syndicate items. After all, if its Contraband in NT-owned stations, wouldn't it be contraband in Solgov ones too? Why would they allow a Syndicate NPC to flog Syndie items there? Why would the Syndie NPC even agree to sell their stuff there?

The syndicate groups I had listed already have items that are common sight on NT stations. Waffle-Donk Inc make donk pockets. DonkSoft makes non-lethal riot control foam weapons that might see service in ERT teams. Gorlex Marauders make a lot of the equipment that most syndicate groups use, such as guns, ammo, armor, and space suits, and while they may not be selling a c20r, its not too hard to see them selling off old softsuits. The reason why they would be selling items at a sol-gov station is the same reason anyone sells anything, profit. In addition, the main rival of the syndicate is NT and vise versa, its very possible that sol gov doesn't see the corporations in the syndicate as terrorists, although I'm not too well versed in the lore outside of what is easy to access.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use