Saywat_the_15th - Administrative Involvement for an IC Issue

nickcrazy

Admin Key: Saywat_the_15th

Your Discord name (if applicable): Nickcrazy

Complaint: Saywat has taken administrative action for an In Character issue of name calling, going so far as to add a note to my records for a phrase that I have cleared with other administrators in past admin PMs.

The insult thrown at another crewmember by the name of John Marc by my character at the time was. "Limp dick Cocksucking poof." A phrase that I have used repeatedly on this server during my hostile interactions with other crewmembers.

The words in this phrase have never once gotten me in trouble with administrators as they do not fall under rule 4 regarding homophobic slurs and yet Saywat has gone as far as to claim that now saying anything regarding ones sexual orientation is now a slur, including the words "gay" and "homosexual". The idea that these words in anyway seek to do harm to someone who falls under the category of homosexuality is just absurd and I somewhat find it a bit insulting that the administrator has taken the assumption of all words with past homosexual connotations are to be considered slurs and a violation of Rule 4 of the server rules.

I can completely sympathize with the administrators wishing to keep this an inviting environment for all people to play on but this sort of word policing only serves to hinder and over-regulate role playing habits. I feel this over involvement into In Character issues and the subsequent warning handed down to me should not have occurred.

Calling someone a poof is considered harassment on grounds of sexual identity in Australia. "Cocksucking poof" is pretty clearly a slur based on homosexuality.

Again, when asking administrators in the past regarding this phrase, they have said it wasn't an issue. How was I to know this was a violation of rule 4 when I was given the go ahead by other staff members? I still stand by the idea that this could have been handled without the need to make a formal warning.

I admit I did not know the actual definition of the word until this incident, thinking it referred to the type of flamboyancy that you would see in Pre-French revolution nobility.

I would MUCH prefer if you didn't lie in your complaints, these are -all- the cases where your ckey was found in the same log entry as the word cocksucking poof 5e80cfc5de.png

From seeing what Kluys posted it's obvious I was mistaken in thinking that I had cleared the use of the word poof with an admin before hand.

I'd like this to be move to resolved if possible as the very core of this argument is false.

I'd also like to apologize for this waste of time on the administration's part and to Saywat for having to deal with this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use