Remove the number restriction on character names.

Spacemanspark

Simply put, as the title reads.

Why? Simple. IPCs.

Some of us have numbers in our names (Spark 5.5, for example), and the random name generator for IPCs has numbers right in it.

Anybody making dumb names for other races can be dealt with just as any other badly named character.

Well, considering its a future even organic characters may have numbers in names. Like plasmamen being named after isotopes. Or character may simply be a mass produced clone and have number instead of second name. Or still have or gain first and second names but keep number as callsign.

Personally opposed unless it's restricted to only be available to IPC characters. It's just going to introduce naming headaches for every other race.

IT'S ALREADY A THING READ THE SECOND POST REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I refuse to use GitHub comments, which are effectively just an even more shuttered view of community opinion. Hence why my thoughts on the matter are going here.

Loading said number-names if saved to SQL is still busted, however, in the exact same manner that that one PR you linked that got merged in September fixed.

I've a PR up that fixes the SQL bit now, and I'm documenting it here just in case people see it on the GitHub and get curious

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use