Third Community Meeting [RECORDING AVAILABLE]

FreeStylaLT

Greetings everyone! It is that time again for us to gather around and have a chat about any issues or questions you may have about the server and its staff!

The third Community Meeting is going to be held on January 7th, 18:00 GMT/UTC!

There will be a dedicated Voice and Text channels on the Discord for the event which will be used to communicate with everyone. If you wish to participate you only need to show up on discord and connect to the designated voice channel.

The hosts will be FreeStylaLT and Regens, who will be in charge of relaying questions and managing the event.

You can propose questions in this thread, PM them to me or Regen if you wish to keep them anonymous, or wait for the event to start to post your question, though we will be going through the ones posted on the thread or PMed privately first, then move on to any proposed through Discord.

Looking forward to your questions!

IPCflag.gifIPC.pngWhat do you think about IPCs? IPC.pngIPCflag.gif

IPCs (Integrated Paper-Positronic Chassis)

Library_Computer.gifWe had a discussion and Some Problems came up about IPCs:, Library_Computer.gif

• IPCs are too weak against EMPs, the most considerable nerf would be to EMPs dealing few brute/burn damage, and a 15~20 seconds stun. Emp.png

IPCs are too weak against everything, lowering the overall damage bonus should be an option to consider, I think 125~130% looks better than 150%..

IPCs have an overall less chance to roll antag.

IPCs require more personalization.

IPCs require more chems.

IPCs are not easy to fix.

(Not all of this problems are Relevant)

Note: Take in Mind that a Buff doesn`t always come with a Nerf.

The Best way to see if some changes work is to test them in game.

Hello. New to both SS13 and Paradise, so I may have a completely wrong idea about this. My apologies if this has already been discussed to great length and resolved.

I've noticed that many rounds end with a community vote to "end the shift" when nothing has been happening for some time. Does this feel unsatisfying to anyone else? People often finally have the time to work on some big project, only to have their efforts go to waste because OOC forces have declared the round to be boring (I don't disagree with that, but...)

I think we can all agree that something needs to happen, but wouldn't it be way more satisfying and immersive to introduce new threats/antagonists during such drawn-out, 'boring' rounds, so that the shift can end more naturally and IC? A round-ending vote feels like a bit of a hamfisted and brute solution to the problem of there being not enough action/threat. I'm not suggesting to get rid of it entirely, but maybe there are other options that could be explored before it gets to that point?

Also, the chemistry lab is super tiny and cramped! Can't it be expanded a bit? Maybe the supply room beneath it can be moved somewhere else, like to the isolation room area which is rarely (if ever) used?

Edited by Guest

Compared to other Low Rp servers Para is indeed a med RP with how policy and rules are set out. Players are encouraged to RP or behave in a somewhat reasonable fashion to dangers that are presented to them. Is it true med RP? No, not by a long shot, but it's closer to the middle of the RP spectrum than anywhere else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use