Auto Fire Mode Should Back?

WadeBR

Well I don't know if the server already had The auto fire mode(Is like pointing the gun at a person and telling them not to move or act)I think it would be awesome to security,and will help then to not be called (SHITCURITY)because they give you a option to surrender and not suffer

Anyway sorry for my english i am not American

Wasn't there a talk about essentially re-implementing the ability, but with ONLY the reticule effect?

So no auto-fire, but a visual reticle over someone for people to more visibly be like "Imma shoot you if you don't settle" RP stuff?

>me points the laser gun at [dude].

It was utterly busted afaik

Problem there is the time it takes to type that out, and people have a !!FUN!! habit of ganking people while they're typing, especially if it's also gonna fuck over a Sec Officer, cuz how dare they try to have fun.

And in a world of 1 hit stun battle changers, that's a sadly big deal.

's not make or break either way, 's just the closest we ever got to a compromise on the feature.

Wasn't there a talk about essentially re-implementing the ability, but with ONLY the reticule effect?

So no auto-fire, but a visual reticle over someone for people to more visibly be like "Imma shoot you if you don't settle" RP stuff?

That would be "cool" ex. if you middle-click on someone while holding a weapon, you point at him and a reticule appears on him?

Aim code was horrendous, to say the least, and it generated a lot of one-sided scenarios.

It was at its worst when lasers and tasers were both beams and hitscan--so there was literally no dodging---and if someone got a target painted on you, then everything hit from then on out (minus RNG of "missing narrowly").

Having some kind of action button, innate to guns, that allowed you to paint a target (and nothing more) onto someone, then remove it (or it was auto-removed when they move off your screen)? Yeah, that sounds like a pretty good idea, but the traditional aim mode has a lotttt of issues with it, mechanically.

the mechanics of it never really encouraged RP either, to be honest---but the target sure as hell did.

That would be "cool" ex. if you middle-click on someone while holding a weapon, you point at him and a reticule appears on him?

Precisely.

Aim code was horrendous, to say the least, and it generated a lot of one-sided scenarios.

It was at its worst when lasers and tasers were both beams and hitscan--so there was literally no dodging---and if someone got a target painted on you, then everything hit from then on out (minus RNG of "missing narrowly").

Having some kind of action button, innate to guns, that allowed you to paint a target (and nothing more) onto someone, then remove it (or it was auto-removed when they move off your screen)? Yeah, that sounds like a pretty good idea, but the traditional aim mode has a lotttt of issues with it, mechanically.

the mechanics of it never really encouraged RP either, to be honest---but the target sure as hell did.

Pretty much. I know it was talked about for a bit, but other stuff kinda came up. Last I heard, it was an idea for -just- the target/reticule effect, no aiming. That way in a single click you were basically giving an RP sign, that you were guns out and aiming at someone.

But as I said, other stuff happened and it never got traction.

lot o` stuff.

Let me explain my idea and I think it`s easy to code too,

Ex. if "Person Y" middle-clicks on "Person X" Reticule appears on "Person X",only if "Person Y" is holding a "Ranged Weapon" or using the Throwing Intent, but when "Person X" moves, the Reticule dissapears.

Just like the point thing works, but with the (optional)Reticule dissapearing only if the target moves(optional) and a BIG RED TEXT appearing at "Person X" when getting aimed at.

and I think it`s easy to code too,

Just a personal irk here. Don't go around stating how easy something is to code until you've actually bothered submitting a PR to the Github tat does more than just changes a few numbers on existing code here and there---It's like telling your car mechanic "Oh, it'll be easy to fix, it's just the transmission".

The kneejerk reaction you're going to get from some coders is "well, if it's so easy, then why don't you just go ahead and submit the feature yourself--afterall, it's easy".

and I think it`s easy to code too,

Just a personal irk here. Don't go around stating how easy something is to code until you've actually bothered submitting a PR to the Github tat does more than just changes a few numbers on existing code here and there---It's like telling your car mechanic "Oh, it'll be easy to fix, it's just the transmission".

The kneejerk reaction you're going to get from some coders is "well, if it's so easy, then why don't you just go ahead and submit the feature yourself--afterall, it's easy".

I said I think it`s easy.

I didn`t say that it was easy.

Anyway you`ve anything useful to say other than this??

There's a point where you also have to tell those Coders who knee-jerk to grow a thicker skin.

There is a world of difference between context of "Easy" in the comparative sense and "Easy" in a definitive sense.

To continue the mechanic analogy, The work he did may not have been "Easy" in the sense that he breezed through it. But it was definitely easy compared to some of the other shit he has to do/could have had to do on it. Ergo it -was- an 'Easy fix'

Lots of respect to people that use their valuable time an effort to code fancy stuff an bug fix for the server, something I probably could never do even if I took to the time to try and learn how, but I'm not gonna stop using the word "Easy", because that is the appropriate word to use when something is less difficult then another more difficult task.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use