Yo yo yo

StubbsPKS

Hey all. I've been playing as Darrel Addison on here for a couple weeks now, so I figured it's time to introduce myself. I'm still in the process of unlocking and learning all of the jobs, but so far I've been enjoying Cargo Tech, QM, Roboticist, Chemist, Surgeon and pretty much any of the borgs/drones. I figured once I have a firm grasp on everything, I'll start making individual characters for the different roles so you don't see Darrel as a janitor one shift and a surgeon the next :)

I've also tried out Engi/Atmos and I like the start of the round because there's the engine to decide on and set up, but after that I end up just wandering around aimlessly and feel like I'm wasting an engi spot because I don't know what I am supposed to be doing. As an example, I spent an entire Atmos shift trying to super cool the vacant office because some random Drask wanted to turn it into a Drask bar. It was actually pretty fun trying to figure it out without looking it up (we didn't succeed before the shuttle was called), but who KNOWS what other things didn't get done that shift because something that is probably relatively easy took me the entire time.

I've tried out sec a few times, but I'm still pretty unrobust and usually feel like I'm in the way when we go to arrest peeps. I'll leave this one alone until I have a better grasp on mechanics and space law.

I guess the only other thing to say is that so far this server has been extremely welcoming and everyone I've interacted with has been super accepting of my newbiness for the most part. Some people have gotten frustrated that I get stuff done a little slower than someone who has mastered the jobs, but most have been fine and offered a bunch of helpful tips so thanks and I hope to be around for awhile!

Hello and welcome! Definitely seen you around in-game and on the forums here. You seem like a pretty reasonable player, recognizing your limits but not afraid to push out of your comfort zone to learn new things. Don't stress about people getting mad at you for attempting to learn things on-the-job, that's just part of the game!

When you do decide to try out Security again try partnering up with another officer and just stick close to them. Two Sec Officers together can take out pretty much any of the "secret" antags (i.e. cultist, traitor, vamp, changeling, shadowling).

Hey-o and welcome to the fourms!

And I'm pretty sure there's secplayers out there would be fine with having someone shadowing them around.

Other than that enjoy your time a much as possible! And possibly see you around station.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use