Species Differentiation.

Shadeykins

* Salbutamol is toxic to Vox (Dexalin, the old equivalent used to be.)

* Epinephrine gets Kidan high (Much like Inaprovaline was purported to, similar to Space Drugs)

* Theobromine (Chocolate) is toxic to Vulpkanin/induces seizures.

* Water does greater damage against Greys.

* Unathi produce small amounts of histamine when exposed to water. (Water will effectively make them itch, or give them a rash).

* Meat makes Skrell sick. (This could be as simple as a check on the protein reagent).

Any other ideas, feel free to post.

Edited by Guest

Well, salbutamol actually is a muscle "relaxant" which basically opens or widens the airways in your lungs.

It also works as to relax your muscles in your bronchus which basically is why it's often used in asthma, so, not sure why it would affect voxxes?

Well, salbutamol actually is a muscle "relaxant" which basically opens or widens the airways in your lungs.

It also works as to relax your muscles in your bronchus which basically is why it's often used in asthma, so, not sure why it would affect voxxes?

This is operating off the assumption that Vox operate biologically the same as humans (they don't).

We should implement measures to set species apart even if it is minor, Vox actually receieved a buff when we changed to goonchem as baychem Dexalin was rather toxic to them, and the replacement (Salbutamol) was never made toxic to Vox.

Added in a suggestion on Unathi.

water does minor burn damage to IPC's when consumed

IPC's are just about the only race that are actually properly delineated from humans. They don't really need any changes.

water does minor burn damage to IPC's when consumed

IPC's are just about the only race that are actually properly delineated from humans. They don't really need any changes.

You forgot drask. But drask is a new race. We really need to make old races more unique from humans. I personally would be very glad to see some changes to unathi to make them more appealing for people.

You forgot drask. But drask is a new race. We really need to make old races more unique from humans. I personally would be very glad to see some changes to unathi to make them more appealing for people.

I think it may be a bit of issue to bring into play but Uanthi are meant to be a naturally robust race. One thing I remember from their backstory is that they are meant to have a bone plate rather then rips so, say they have a weak armor value for the chest but it takes a while to cut the "ribs"?

I think it may be a bit of issue to bring into play but Uanthi are meant to be a naturally robust race. One thing I remember from their backstory is that they are meant to have a bone plate rather then rips so, say they have a weak armor value for the chest but it takes a while to cut the "ribs"?

On tau ceti server Unathi have passive resistance to brute damage but they are slower then humans a bit. Because they have thick skin but they are a bit less agile due to that.

On tau ceti server Unathi have passive resistance to brute damage but they are slower then humans a bit. Because they have thick skin but they are a bit less agile due to that.

I don't really care as long as they change them up slightly. I mean Uanthi, Vulp, and many of the other races are just human reskins. It needs to be changed slightly because I can tell you heat resistance is the most worthless trait in existence. If you have high eat its due to been on fire (Fire damage) Or been around fire (High pressure damage)

• 2 weeks later...

We could implement veeery minor resistances/vulnerabilities to certain damage types (In the code it's a multiplier defaulting to 1, so I'd change some by +/- .05 to .15). That's enough to be noticeable without severely balance altering. For example, if we went with Vulpkanin having a faster metabolism, it might make sense for them to take slightly more oxy or tox damage. Greys might take slightly more brain damage, due to their large and highly sensitive brains (or slightly less, if you argue that their highly evolved/engineered brains are more robust).

I think Drask should be nauseated by vended hot food/drink, such as cocoa, coffee, or cup soup. We could argue that when they eat stuff cooked in the kitchen, they wait for it to cool down first but the vended stuff is sold in insulated containers. They were going to have some negative effects related to spending too much time in the room temperature preferred by most races on the station, requiring them to take breaks in colder areas, but this proved tricky to implement so I left it out of their PR

We could have one race exhale N20 instead of CO2 as their waste gas. The scrubbers system would still be able to handle it easily, so it's not balance altering.

This is operating off the assumption that Vox operate biologically the same as humans (they don't).

We should implement measures to set species apart even if it is minor, Vox actually receieved a buff when we changed to goonchem as baychem Dexalin was rather toxic to them, and the replacement (Salbutamol) was never made toxic to Vox.

Actually wanna weigh in on his a bit (Even tho it's late), that Salbutomal shouldn't be toxic, due to, as was said a while ago, it being a muscle relaxant to open the lungs.

HOWEVER

Perflurodecalin SHOULD be HIGHLY Toxic to Vox, because the entire point of the medicine, even IRL, is to provide a major boost of oxygen to the body, because in medical purposes it's HIGHLY Oxygenated to the point it is being studied in liquid breathing. Perfluro is also the better suffocation med, being analagous to Dex+ so forcing Vox into having to make do with Salbutomal, the slower option is still a nerf.

Or iunno, just feed 'em nitrogen pills or something iunno.

Perfluodecalin would be admittedly better. I was just thinking in the context of the old chem for oxygen damage (Dexalin) being toxic, and the new chems never being snowflaked to be as well.

Nitrogen pills would also be a neat option.

One disadvantage they can bring in is diet. Much like the Vulp thing with the faster need to eat again Uanthis could maybe get hardly anything from non-meat products as they are meant to be carnivores unlike the other races.

Yes I only have suggestions for Uanthis because I hardly play anything else.

* Meat makes Skrell sick. (This could be as simple as a check on the protein reagent).

I think you're the only other person I've heard bring this up. I'm the only Skrell I've ever seen that only eats veggies like they're supposed to. That being said, I don't really see why this needs to be enforced via mechanics, but hey, if someone feels like coding it.

Also, if anyone is up for the suggestion I'd be totally ok with Skrell doing less physical damage and maybe being resistant to oxyloss. I'm really one of the very few that play Skrell, and I hardly ever have time to play anymore, but if any other players I don't know of want to chime in feel free.

I think you're the only other person I've heard bring this up. I'm the only Skrell I've ever seen that only eats veggies like they're supposed to. That being said, I don't really see why this needs to be enforced via mechanics, but hey, if someone feels like coding it.

Also, if anyone is up for the suggestion I'd be totally ok with Skrell doing less physical damage and maybe being resistant to oxyloss. I'm really one of the very few that play Skrell, and I hardly ever have time to play anymore, but if any other players I don't know of want to chime in feel free.

As someone who USED to play a Skrell but stopped.

Most the reason I stopped was just cuz it fel so... samey? Like I was identical as a human, with some sick water breathing skills... that I NEVER got to even casually lull around with cuz the only water is the pool. (This was before the beach got expanded on.)

I don't mind races having fluff only sorta stuff. Like IPCs being able to *buzz or Vox having the SONGS OF THEIR PEOPLE. Greys have their telepathy and mini-hivemind. But Skrell don;t really have anything like that. You got their racial language and sick amphibian skills that they can't even casually have fun with more often then not.

I like them an maybe I'll see if I can go for one again, buuuuut. Those were the problems I had in the end.

One disadvantage they can bring in is diet. Much like the Vulp thing with the faster need to eat again Uanthis could maybe get hardly anything from non-meat products as they are meant to be carnivores unlike the other races.

And, conversely to the Vulps, to go along with the cold blooded metabolism, we could have Unathi need to eat less often than other races.

And, conversely to the Vulps, to go along with the cold blooded metabolism, we could have Unathi need to eat less often than other races.

That would be good too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use