SPACE PIRATES!

FlattestGuitar

It is my pleasure to announce that for the past two days I've been slaving away at a lovely new (kinda new, but not really, but kinda, yeah) gamemode - Raiders (a.k.a. Space Pirates. Sounds better.) A detailed description can be found here, as I don't want to litter this place with copypastes.

While a lot of the stuff is already done, I'm going to need some help figuring out the exact ideas I'm going to put into this mode. The questions I still need answers to:

- Who exactly do the raiders work for?

- What COOL AND INTERESTING objectives could be added to their pool besides stealing high-tech gear, murdering specific people and kidnapping other specific people

- What interesting weapons/gear could be given to the raiders that would make them more interesting? (stuff that we can add to the game, not just preexisting ones)

- Literally any other thing you want to say about this, the plan is making the gamemode as fun as possible.

I will also probably need some help with the sprites. Before I run to the default bunch of spriters, I've heard a lot of people are willing to contribute, so I'm asking here. If anyone is interested in shoot me a PM on the Discord and I'll get you hooked up with some PLASMAMAN SPACE PIRATE SUITS to sprite (also less amazing things, but that one's #1.)

well, my opinion stealing and killing objectives are pointless, with out deeper goals. So I suggest adding some kind of lab like "piratesh R&D" that can construct advance technology with weapon they steal. that will help later on for really hard objectives, the more harder the more fun, but also equipment must be really helpful.

Now this is some stupidish ideas that have come to my mind.

1. Steal 8 female employees/ any kind, and put them on one place all together. And that should be like really big interesting place, where they would have something to do like, clean, cook or do same small chores, or repair something or they would just argue and complain or try to escape.

3. Declare the war on the station and win the war. That also means that they should be peaceful until one side declares war, for any kind of reason, so ALL KILLING FOR ANY KIND OF REASONS SHOULD BE FORBIDDEN even if they are cought stealing for research.

2. Steal 10 male employees. And toss the in to pit. And pronounce the "Pit Lord / The King of Pit", and defeat him in mele combat, with a slight armor or dmg advantage.

That place should be a lot bigger, with different melee weapons, and some strange animals to kill around. And later if they survive they should all come to arena, where they would fight different prisoner using only melee weapons. Until they pronounce the winner ".

I'd like them to be more swashbuckling orientated, and based more on stereotype pirates rather than space raiders. Spess pirates don't work for non one. Blackpowder weapons, swords etc. etc.

Meh, In truth they should have the option for it but really we already have wiz for the overly silly thing.

I think its a great idea, even though I feel nukeops would replace this only if there was a keep races thing. This is basically nukeops with keep races which I think is better personalty.

Hint hint why nukeops always human?

I'd say that they should work for Space Pirates Incorporate

I'd love to see custom weapons added in such as Canons, sabres, flintlock pistols and the such. Other weapons could be harpoons where it'd stun the person and pull them towards you, or a parrot drone where you send it out to attack someone/steal something.

Spess Pirates, much like their terran counterparts, tended to be about two things. The first, independent privateering in rebellion to poor wages and treatment by their country, is likely why they would be antagonist in the first place. The second, as it follows, it dosh.

So, I feel the most sensical main objection for space pirates to have would be to accumulate physical wealth, which in this game is nominally valued in credits. There's a few way to steal credits from the crew, mostly involving kidnapping, hostage taking, and extortion. Get a crew member to give you their ATM info and you can drain their account, get the HoP or Captain to give you the Cyberiad's info and you drain the station. Robbing the vault well give you some dosh as well.

I feel a general objective like that (Possibly adding a few other things, perhaps giving them say a machine on their ship that turns valuables like plasma, gold, silver, the like, into credits.) would give spess pirates a rather free form, open ended objective that they could decide how to carry out in a manner of ways.

Finding a way to make it so the hoP wasn't allowed/couldn't just freeze everyone's account when they hear of pirates would help this too.

HoP SoP: 11. The Head of Personnel is to allow the free flow of credits and, as such, may not freeze financial accounts unless necessary to protect the account from matters outside the owner's control (such as hacking attempts), as required by security matters directly related to the owner, or at the owner's request. Outside of hacking attempts and other security threats completely outside of the owner's control, the security of an account is the responsibility of the owner. Threats within the owner's control include spess pirates.

3b. The Head of Personnel may not increase the number of job openings for Clowns.

Does this really need to be a gamemode in it's own right? I mean, as an event, by all means, but not a gamemode. Also, what's stopping it from becoming 'Traders: The Mode' in a manner similar to vox raiders?

Murder objectives.

HoP SoP ... Outside of hacking attempts and other security threats completely outside of the owner's control, the security of an account is the responsibility of the owner. Threats within the owner's control include spess pirates.

Arguable, is getting kidnapped, having a gun put to your head, and told you're going to get shot if you don't give your bank pin considered someone's fault normally?

Can't have pirates without booty!

-Make credits great again! Pirates must escape with 25,000 credits on their collective IDs. Provide them with means of appropriating these funds from IDs/ATMs.

-GOLD! Pirates must escape with 10 bars of gold or ("Make coins great again!") 50 gold coins.

This plus murder objectives = 1000% better than tRaiders.

I dont think pirates should have murder objectives. That would make them more like "second nuke". And I know what Im talking about. Tau ceti have its own space pirates gamemode. Group of raiders with non-lethal guns(assault rifles and silenced pistols with unique ammo), LOOT RIPLEY, unique spacesuits and SPESS BIKES with objective to loot the station to get money. They steal anything not nailed down to the floor inculding crewmembers. They have fulton recovery marker for that. But anyway its often ends up like second nuke ops without nuke. Pirates loot the armoury and start to slaughter security and anyone who resists.

Still, no idea's bigger the murdering's and stealing's...

You know why wox traders did not work out well, because it requires a lot role play skills and ideas to make every round different, something that no many people have here.

I guess concept's like, make catastrophe's, and run from them are more fun options.

I like the idea of stealing everything and getting money for it, heads could be worth alot of $$$ to make them to want to kidnap important people but still keep them blasting irrelevant people. I'm not against them pew pewing people though so...

I still think it would be too nukeoppsy. Objectives should be kidnapping and stealing items of high market value such as a shitload of plasma tanks or some NT tech. Maybe mixed in with one or two contracted kill targets.

I just don't want the them to just barge in and KOS everything that moves. We already have nukeops for that.

Space Pirates should have cannons on their ship that fire 40mm grenades (or proper cannon balls if someone feels like coding something of a sorts in) at any pesky landlubbers that try to board it.

Also, armed with single-shot flintlocks, blunderbusses and laser sabers. Because god bless ballistics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use