More Hyposprays

Sif

Or can we alternativly give chemistrt a box of empty auto injector max 10 units that can be filled up with any chem but very limited more can be ordered from cargo

Such an action would put a large amount of unneeded strain onto chemists, particularly new ones who will not be as fast at using a chem-master

We do not need any more ways of instantly getting chems into people, doubly so when it's stealthy as hell too.

10 units of memechems is more than enough to murderize anyone, there's a reason you can't refill autoinjectors anymore.

The hypo is a valuable item and CMO only for a good reason.

Goons handed out hyposprays to every doctor. However every hypospray have internal safety which prevents its usage as weapon. You just can't fill one with any of harmful chem. Maybe go the same way? Give doctors crappy mass produced hypospray with safety in it(no harmful shit, no drugs, no shit causing addiction), while CMO would have superior one - it would have no safety inside and have ability to adjust how much you want to inject. From 1u to maybe 10u.

Again what is the point?

If you put a delay to a hypospray then it is no different than a syringe.

If not then medical gets a super tool....why does medical need a super tool?

It's like giving all the miners giga-drills or something at the start.

Again what is the point?

If you put a delay to a hypospray then it is no different than a syringe.

If not then medical gets a super tool....why does medical need a super tool?

It's like giving all the miners giga-drills or something at the start.

So how about making suh hyposprays a RnD thing? That would be neat.

More restricted items isn't needed. The hypo the CMO has is a prototype, giving every doctor one is just making syringes even less relevant than they already are. Even if we go goon style and restrict what can be put in a hypo, there is still a lot of beneficial chems that do crazy damage if OD'd upon, as well as things like Ether that you could just lul slap someone with 20u of before they can even notice and react to the chatbox.

Your heart and intentions maybe in the right place, but the actual suggestion would be pushing further towards the power gaming mentality that we don't need.

More restricted items isn't needed. The hypo the CMO has is a prototype, giving every doctor one is just making syringes even less relevant than they already are. Even if we go goon style and restrict what can be put in a hypo, there is still a lot of beneficial chems that do crazy damage if OD'd upon, as well as things like Ether that you could just lul slap someone with 20u of before they can even notice and react to the chatbox.

Your heart and intentions maybe in the right place, but the actual suggestion would be pushing further towards the power gaming mentality that we don't need.

Syndicate have hyposprays, ERT have them as well if not here, but in other build. Hypospray is more like grief-potential thing and lorewise it could be just expensive to produce and probably require some training to use effectively so only CMO is trusted to have one.

The item description, unless changed in the last few months, for the cmo hypo is that it is a prototype delivery system using an air injection needle. Or something to that degree, can't search the git on mobile atm.

An R&D syringe+ with a large capacity, or ability to inject 1-10 chems at a time selectable, or little benefits might be nice, but is something I see R&D getting rather than med.

There's just no way of implementing this without it buffing med that I see. Med don't need buffs at all.

I see most people here haven't played in medical in a long time.

Firstly about the suggestion, though I agree with you medical doesn't need any buffs. It's balanced as it is.

And now about that sleepers are "devaluated"... total bulls$*t. In most of my games a scientist run by upgrading everything (including the sleepers), waves at us and leaves. Upgraded sleepers have all the drugs you ever wanted to treat everything (well except internal damage), that means less strain on the chemist and also a way to "milk" omnizine... but that's another story for another time.

Additionally, I've read that mass distributing hypos will make a strain on the chemist... well that's true if you have only one incompetent chemist. seriously it's not that hard to mass produce drugs (it takes about 20-25 minutes to stock the fridge with basic and adv chems for a lone chemist).

Final note: tbh I barely use my hypo as CMO.. well I mainly use it if the patient has 2 tox damage or 3 brute because it's tedious to pull out a patch or inject him with charcoal.

Firstly about the suggestion, though I agree with you medical doesn't need any buffs. It's balanced as it is.

And now about that sleepers are "devaluated"... total bulls$*t. In most of my games a scientist run by upgrading everything (including the sleepers), waves at us and leaves. Upgraded sleepers have all the drugs you ever wanted to treat everything (well except internal damage), that means less strain on the chemist and also a way to "milk" omnizine... but that's another story for another time.

Additionally, I've read that mass distributing hypos will make a strain on the chemist... well that's true if you have only one incompetent chemist. seriously it's not that hard to mass produce drugs (it takes about 20-25 minutes to stock the fridge with basic and adv chems for a lone chemist).

Final note: tbh I barely use my hypo as CMO.. well I mainly use it if the patient has 2 tox damage or 3 brute because it's tedious to pull out a patch or inject him with charcoal.

Even with fully upgraded sleepers, they still don't get touched unless I require omnizine to make strange reagent or I need to perform dialysis.

They are most certainly devalued, anyone seriously injured will be put in cryo and anyone not so seriously injured will receive patches/pills from chemistry.

I use my hypo an absolute metric buttload as the CMO. It can easily give a critical person to nudge to making it without dying, and if you fill it with charcoal it becomes an invaluable tool for the influx of patients you get after radiation storms or spiders.

Even with fully upgraded sleepers, they still don't get touched unless I require omnizine to make strange reagent or I need to perform dialysis.

They are most certainly devalued, anyone seriously injured will be put in cryo and anyone not so seriously injured will receive patches/pills from chemistry.

I use my hypo an absolute metric buttload as the CMO. It can easily give a critical person to nudge to making it without dying, and if you fill it with charcoal it becomes an invaluable tool for the influx of patients you get after radiation storms or spiders.

As CMO I find myself using the hypo only if we're having a troublesome critical patient that is about to die. That's normally people who have lost a lot of blood and need that extra jolt to ward off death. It's fun using the hypo and watching the effect it has on the people it's used on.

Interestingly enough, I tend to save my hypo for not quite super-critical patients and carry around a bunch of emergency autoinjectors for the hard-critted patients.

I pawn a bunch from the boxes that people throw around the hallway/ditch, and generally have 3-4 of them on me at all times if I can.

Either way, the hypo and it's lesser cousin the Emergency Autoinjector are both incredibly valuable tools that are seriously underrated. Inarguably, the hypospray and the defib are the most useful and invaluable objectives equipment-wise that traitors can be handed. (The other objectives, such as jetpacks, reactive armour, hand teles and even the antique laser hardly see much use - whereas the Hypo and Compact Defib are guaranteed to be used multiple times a shift).

Yes indeed. People tend to not know or bother with the auto-injectors. I always use it when a patient is dying from oxygen loss and I keep some Epi for emergency crit surgery.

And yes, the sleepers tend to be ignored enough as it is...and even it's special features like the dialysis pales in comparison to something like penetic acid which flushes the system pretty damn fast of toxins, radiation, and other chemicals.

The chemistry makes a lot of medical equipment redundant.

Yes indeed. People tend to not know or bother with the auto-injectors. I always use it when a patient is dying from oxygen loss and I keep some Epi for emergency crit surgery.

And yes, the sleepers tend to be ignored enough as it is...and even it's special features like the dialysis pales in comparison to something like penetic acid which flushes the system pretty damn fast of toxins, radiation, and other chemicals.

The chemistry makes a lot of medical equipment redundant.

I wish chemistry could refill existant epipens. Maybe special dispenser with internal supply. And traitorous chemists could emag it to replace chemicals.

I feel a better place for epipen production would be protolathes, as they can hold chemical reagents. May have to flag the code so that the upgrades to lathe don't magically reduce the chem cost, and allow higher level of research to make some other chem-pens? It'd have be closely watched and carefully balanced though, but if doctors could bring bottles of medicine they want in pens to RnD and get filled pens, could make a bit more cross over between departments.

I feel a better place for epipen production would be protolathes, as they can hold chemical reagents. May have to flag the code so that the upgrades to lathe don't magically reduce the chem cost, and allow higher level of research to make some other chem-pens? It'd have be closely watched and carefully balanced though, but if doctors could bring bottles of medicine they want in pens to RnD and get filled pens, could make a bit more cross over between departments.

That could actually be nice addition. And if robotics/mechanic would be merged such feature could be given to them. They would produce exosuits and other mass-produce things, as well as refill disposable things. While science toy around with incomplete prototypes.

This'd be a buff for a department that in no way needs any help.

Medical, also, in no way needs any help.

Refilling the pens with epinephrine would be nice, but beyond that I don't think much needs to be done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use