Ideas for new makeshift items.

thebeoni

Most of these items are considered contraband so yeah. I tried to tweak damage and stuff as far as i could.

1. Makeshift Armor (two floor tile piece sewn togheter with wire)

Recipe: 2 floor tiles + 15 pieces of cable Tool: Wirecutters

Has half the defensive value of sec armor. Protects only upper body.

2. Improvised Firearm + Bullets

Firearm: (pipe atached to rifle stock with tape with a drilled hole in a top)

Recipe: pipe + rifle stock + 5 pieces of tape Tool: Surgical Drill

20 brute and 10 burn damage. Has a long reload time due to need of inserting bullets and pouring in welding fuel as ammo propelant. Pouring in more then 5 units will result in explosion in the face.

Bullets:

Recipe: 5 pieces of cable + 1 piece of tape Tool: Welding tool

3. Makeshift bandage.

Recipe: paper + 2 pieces of tape Tool: none

heals only a tiny bit of brute and burn damage but stops bleeding.

4. Street Fighter Gloves.

Recipe: Whole tape + any gloves Tool: none

Sets punch damage from 5 to 8 but with every punch 3 damage backfires onto your fists.

Using moves does stamina damage on user.

Makes disarm impossible. Only for using disarm kick.

Disarm kick: Kicks the item from persons hands item lands 3 tiles away. No damage 80% disarm chance (BIG RED TEXT notifying about preparation) - Has 20 seconds cool down. Does stamina damage to user

Push down: Pushes the person down for 2 seconds. (BIG RED TEXT notifying about preparation) Does stamina damage to user.

5. Makeshift Belt

Recipe: 2 Rolls of tape + metal rod Tool: Welding Tool

Can hold 4 items. It can hold: Almost all makeshift weapons + all tiny things

6. Makeshift Helmet:

Recipe: 1 reinforced glass sheet + any cap + 10 pieces of cable coil Tool: Wirecutters

Offers half of the protection of security helmet.

7. Makeshift Bowman headset

Recipe: grenade casing + Headset + earmuffs Tool: Surgical Drill (changed candle to earmuffs so it would be harder to get these at least for greytide)

offers protection from flashbangs.

8. Makeshift Splinters

2 metal rods. 1 tape.

Splint those broken legs finally. Has 3 charges.

This is all i got for now :) i will update with new idea

Edited by Guest

1. Makeshift Armor (two floor tile piece sewn togheter with wire)

Recipe: 2 floor tiles + 15 pieces of cable Tool: Wirecutters

Has half the defensive value of sec armor. Protects only upper body.

Seems cool but sec armor is already pretty useless without its defense halved, especially after it was nerfed into the ground.

3. Makeshift bandage.

Recipe: paper + 2 pieces of tape Tool: none

I also like this. Bleeding can fuck you over if you don't get medical care fast.

4. Street Fighter Gloves.

Recipe: Whole tape + any gloves Tool: none

Has two moves:

1. Kick: Does kick for 10 damage with a little more chance to knock down then punch. But takes far longer to repeat that punch.

2. Disarm Punch: No damage 100% disarm chance (BIG RED TEXT notifying about preparation)

Tentative. Disarm punch should have a really long cooldown/ warmup period. Otherwise this is just no.

5. Greytiders Belt

Recipe: 2 Rolls of tape + metal rod Tool: Welding Tool

Can hold 4 items. It can hold: Almost all makeshift weapons + all tiny things

Like this, as like the anti-secbelt.

6. Makeshift Helmet:

Recipe: 1 reinforced glass sheet + any cap + 10 pieces of cable coil Tool: Wirecutters

Offers half of the protection of security helmet.

See above.

7. Makeshift Bowman headset

Recipe: grenade casing + Headset + candle Tool: Surgical Drill

offers protection from flashbangs.

Dear god no.

Bread helmet: tape plus loaves of bread; weak helmet

Meteor hammer: Mini-meteor, metal rod, 30 cable, welding tool; Ball on a chain, attack is a short range projectile similar to taser but does brute damage

Nunchucks: 10 wood, cable cuffs, kitchen knife; has a 5% chance to deflect projectile if its in your hand, holding two would give you a 10% chance.

Chainmail coat: 20 empty soda cans, 15 cable, 1 leather jacket; gives basic armor to upper body, slows movement speed.

Paper airplane: Paper, tape, table; Can be thrown full screen, will cause temporary blindness if it hits your eyes similar to a laser pointer.

Prison shank: Made from any plastic utensil when used on a reinforced wall; Starts at 1 damage, gains 1 damage for using it on the wall again, takes 2 minutes for each sharpening up to Prison Shank +9. 5% chance to break when used leaving a shard stuck in the target.

Bindle(hobo's bag on a stick): Made from a blanket and 5 wood (alternatively a backpack and metal rod); Carried in the hand, works like a bag but made to carry in your hand. Does extra damage on harm intent if full.

Foot snare: Cable, cable cuffs, wirecutters; Catches someones foot when set and walked on, causes slowed movement until it is removed with resist, short removal time. Like a much worse bear trap.

Prison shank: Made from any plastic utensil when used on a reinforced wall; Starts at 1 damage, gains 1 damage for using it on the wall again, takes 2 minutes for each sharpening up to Prison Shank +9. 5% chance to break when used leaving a shard stuck in the target.

Bindle(hobo's bag on a stick): Made from a blanket and 5 wood (alternatively a backpack and metal rod); Carried in the hand, works like a bag but made to carry in your hand. Does extra damage on harm intent if full.

Better allow to tear clothes into cloth with wirecutters and use it to wrap wounds.

And we DON"T need special gear for greytiding shittery.

Hello, i excpect constructive critique. If you disagree please write why.

And coding that would require complete change of jumpsuit mechanics and change of all the sprites so that is that.

Also our greytide is weak. Security needs more challenge nobody is robust anymore.

Antags are good as they are. We don't need crowds of greyshirts who start to self-antag and cause mass riots making things worse.

And the gear you suggest are designed especialy for greytiders.

I have nothing against more craftable weapons like Goons have. But such weapons should not be too easy to get.

Antags are good as they are. We don't need crowds of greyshirts who start to self-antag and cause mass riots making things worse.

So why do we have riot armor in secure armory? just for the looks?

I have nothing against more craftable weapons like Goons have. But such weapons should not be too easy to get.

This is the thing that has been discussed for so long. Why make everything easier ? There has to be at least some challenge to game.

This is not about making greytide stronger this is about adding more features. Since we now have fancy HUD for crafting why not fill it with awesome items?

So why do we have riot armor in secure armory? just for the looks?

Riot armour can protect against spess carps, armblades, tators with e-swords, rogue golems, potentialy aliens and spiders. Anything using melee.

I have nothing against new things but such things should not be especialy designed for greytiding. So no greytider belts and self-made bowman. Just no.

Porting fuel-powered blunderbass from goons, butterfly knife, fixing crossbow would be fine.

Gloves with 100% disarm chance? I'd rather not.

Bandage just seems a bit pointless, you could eat to heal it.

Not overly keen on the makeshift bowman, you'd get flashbang-proof greytiders with this and sunglasses.

The gun depends on how long it takes to reload.

All else, eh.

i dont quite understand the gun. why not the makeshift shotgun

Because we have one already in code. But its blueprint require silver and Protolathe with some research. Only scientist can craft one. But why they need to craft one? Traitor scientist can get much better weapon with less complications.

Greytide does not need to be "buffed". Greytide is not supposed to exist in the firstplace and should definitely not be encouraged.

Hello! I want to welcome new person who does not understand that this is here to add features not to encourage greytide.

Greytide does not need to be "buffed". Greytide is not supposed to exist in the firstplace and should definitely not be encouraged.

Hello! I want to welcome new person who does not understand that this is here to add features not to encourage greytide.

i don't know if you are being sarcastic or joking, but being condescending to someone who is "newer" than you by a matter of months will net you any points in your favor. also, adding features can buff greytide whether or not intended

edit: just read his join date, saw it was more about a year. but considering his posting history and the fact that him being here for a while i still don't believe going "oh, youre new, you don't know how it works around here" is exactly the right way to go about it

I was being very very sarcastic and rude at the same time Vivalas is most certainly new here and i already said i want constructive critique not just "fuck off"

fight me, meet me at the old bar

I was being very very sarcastic and rude at the same time Vivalas is most certainly new here and i already said i want constructive critique not just "fuck off"

Personal attacks aren't very constructive either nor do they help your cause. I wouldn't really call myself "new" here either.

This is literally to encourage 'tide, you said yourself that greytide needs to be buffed to make them have a "chance" against security. I gave you plenty of constructive criticism in my first post, but if you want me to break down the parts I don't like:

Flashbang protection: Nerfing security's only effective area stun weapon is a very bad idea, especially when it is a very effective tool for stopping / controlling large amounts of greytide. Also you need both ear + eye protection to be completely immune, so this will only reduce the duration of the stun (still a bad idea)

And as for 100% disarm gloves, that sounds like a bad idea as well, considering disarm is already a bitch to security officers. This isn't so much "empower" the tide as it is "turn the tide into a god damn armed militia". So yes, I stand by my opinion that designing a set of gear to make greytide more powerful (when greytide doesn't need to be more powerful or encouraged) is not a good idea.

I'll likely be implementing a number of TG's makeshift weapons over the next few days--the bola were the first start of that; more to come.

Cool. I am gonna check those out on the wiki.

We have fanny pack for any small things. I see no need in makeshift belt. And toolbelt is already the most widely used belt.

And saddly we have stungloves removed. Miss them from TC gameplay.

We have fanny pack for any small things. I see no need in makeshift belt. And toolbelt is already the most widely used belt.

And saddly we have stungloves removed. Miss them from TC gameplay.

Yep i miss those as well. But i already started on these gloves. Coders pretty much agreed that i balanced them well since they cost you stamina damage. But they work closely to stun gloves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use