More Department Pets

FPK

Legal should have a spiderling in their office, considering they're a sub-department of Security.

Janitor has a pet sponge in a fishtank. It occasionally heads for the kitchen and makes burgers for the crew.

Cargo ought to get it's lizard back.

Maintenance has a wild, crazy monkey that somehow escaped science. The chef can try to bring him down, but he's armed with a toolbox.

Legal should have some guard dog. Because they are watchdogs of security and supposed to be even more loyal to NT than security.

Brig bay could have male cat. Because thats second medbay inside brig. You could also mate it with Runtime for kittens.

Cargo could order themselves Liza already.

a LANDED space carp with a custom 'sideways' sprite that flops around like a fish out of water.

Legal shouldn't have a dog. It should have snake.

Cargo should maybe have Lisa. Just think, the two animal lovers separated by a hall, imagine the love they share!

If legal needs a pet they could always get a pug. That sounds nice.

Janitor could get a fish but it has to be something a player can be, otherwise it's fairly moot and you can get pet fish whenever you want.

Atmos getting a landed space carp, ehhhh, maybe not. Maybe they'd go good with a pet lizard. Something chill like their job because they don't do much.

Maintenance pet is the greytide. You don't need anything else.

Legal - I like the snake idea

Janitor - Living sponge sounds horrifying, but yes.

Cargo - a living cardboard box. It walks around and occasionally puts items on the floor into it. Items can be retrieved by opening the box and moving it away from the items

Atmos - landed space carp is a yes

Mime - an invisible something (no one knows what) named Pierre.

Maint - a cockroach named Jerry. No one knows where it starts.

Clown - a brightly coloured hamster/gerbil/mouse that honk like a horn when you squeeze it.

Botany - a killer potato/tomato (de-fanged)

Chapel - a Lamb. Cuz Religion. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb_of_God

Library - a Raven that will occasionally spurt out famous literary lines.

Medical - a small tamed blob with a medical red cross on it. Can maybe change color?

Engineering - a really dirty monkey in overalls. (Hah, get it, grease monkey?)

Security - a really old, really lazy bloodhound. It can track scents from clothes and items to the user/wearing, but super slowly. So slowly it isn't worth it. Occasionally just falls asleep from being tired from being old.

I think that's everything.

This thread again?

Just, no

Adding a pet for every department and their sub-departmen just waters out the whole charm of having a pet.

Heads having a pet is plenty

Adding a pet for every department and their sub-departmen just waters out the whole charm of having a pet.

Pets got watered down about the time Robotics got a carbon-copy Ian that has a red visor and shoots sparks, the Captain got an annoying little fox and Security got a murder spider that will attack crew if it gets bashed once by a space carp. By that argument we should just remove any pet that isn't Ian.

Pets got watered down about the time Robotics got a carbon-copy Ian that has a red visor and shoots sparks, the Captain got an annoying little fox and Security got a murder spider that will attack crew if it gets bashed once by a space carp. By that argument we should just remove any pet that isn't Ian.

Except removing already added pets is much harder, which is why it's much better to just never add them

This thread again?

Just, no

I think a crow in the library would be a nice touch though...

That room really needs to be spiced up or useful.

This thread again?

Just, no

I think a crow in the library would be a nice touch though...

That room really needs to be spiced up or useful.

Good sir, I do believe you mean

Good sir, I do believe you mean

yes I did mean that, we just need something more interesting in the library...

A librarian would be nice

Or books.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use