Possible admin abuse

vverti

Admin Key:Jayfeather

Complaint: In a round early this morning I was an antag, with security chasing me, with what I feel was little evidence, but is not the point. What happened is that I eventually got the abandoned mining outpost space pod and somehow found my way to the suspicious supply depot, only to get out and be shot by a turret once. After that happened I attempted to make it somewhere with medicine, only to be found again by the sec pod pilot, Jayfeather, in the sec pod, who proceeded to chase me and almost blow up my pod. I eventually outmaneuvered him, and put some serious distance between us, I can guarantee that he did not know where I went or what I was about to do. After I got away from him, I ended up near an exterior airlock of the stations, where I got out and C4'd my space pod, and accidentaly pushed off of it and killed myself because moving through space is the same as walking apparently. I can guarantee that the sec pod pilot, Jayfeather, did not see the me plant the c4 or see it before my pod exploded, but for some reason after I died, he says in deadchat, and I quote "Then, I didn't see it, but she C4'd her pod.". Now the problem that I have, is the fact that I believe he used adminlogs to see that I had planted C4, and I find this extremely unfair, and unjust, in a round where nothing silly or joke like was happening, this round was in every sense of the term, a normal round. Now if he can provide a valid reason to have said such things and have deadchat turned on while he was alive, then I will retract any complaint, however, I, personally, do not believe that there is NO reason for a player that is alive and playing in the game to have those.

We see everything, admin logs, dead chat, regardless of if we are playing or not.

Administrators are trusted not to abuse said information to their in-game advantage.

All I see from Jayfeather here is noting in deadchat that you blew up a space pod. It's not like he stopped looking for you in-character, or magically announced over the radio "Yep, she's dead.". Just talking to dead people.

Very much what Tiger said. Admins see deadchat, attack logs, may need to aghost briefly to fix things up then jump back into their body. They may need to check if someone is an antag, etc. They're trusted not to abuse this.

Having the knowledge itself is fine, acting on it is another matter. If all he did was talk in deadchat about it, then the complaint is without merit. Even so, if you have any questions about how admins do things/what they see/etc feel free to ask here.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use