New Security Armor!

FlattestGuitar

Considering the last thread kinda died I made this:

145b1999e0a3efa7bd60bbf4b895d321.png59dedea0b160ec0eb8a22da96449e953.png2353b2ccebffa432de8530a8ea3db8a0.png

The helmet is brutally stolen from /tg/, while the vest is a personal creation. I'd love to hear your input on this, as well as possibly get even better sprites if someone wants to give it a try.

I think it would be fair if only security got the upgrade, as the bartender and HoP are civilians and shouldn't get the +4 Charisma buff from having a badass vest.

Once we settle on which sprites to use (or I go rogue and run off with my own) I'll make a PR that replaces the current (ugly) ones with whatever we come up with.

Chest carrier as an alternative to a vest? Less damage resistance traded for two pockets, while maintaining the vest's storage slot's capability?

I can do that.

EDIT: Though all my attempts don't look as cool as the vest. I wouldn't have much hope for this...

Current vests are just fine for civilian HoP and bartender. They are not meant for combat. However it would be even better to make new blue colored civilian vest. So everyone will see that its a civilian not and officer or soldier. And I think reporter need his own PRESS vest much more than bartender who have a shotgun(which is not meant to be carried outside the bar) and reinforced tables serving as convinient barricades.

You vest looks nice, but badge should be holo one just like ones in warden locker. It would also be nice to have possibility to hide that badge like on bay server. And maybe make it a bit less "flat"? Some small pockets for ceramic plates.

I would personally like to see some casual looking uniform for security, detective and brig physician. T-shirt and cargo pants, maybe hoody(with hood up and down) and cargo pants. So you could uphold the law while feeling comfortable. Would also agree with people above. We lost the webbings, so some kind of vest with SECURITY on the back would be nice.

Edited by Guest

These are pretty gud.

I'm not sure what the fuss about casual sec wear is, like seriously, get out of my brig mall cop. Sidenote: make justice helm mandatory.

You do realize that security is pretty much the equivalent of a mall cop, correct?

These are pretty gud.

I'm not sure what the fuss about casual sec wear is, like seriously, get out of my brig mall cop. Sidenote: make justice helm mandatory.

You do realize that security is pretty much the equivalent of a mall cop, correct?

Ehhh.

Less "Mall Cop" and more like those corporate security firms/Security Guards you see at businesses an shit

These are pretty gud.

Ehhh.

Less "Mall Cop" and more like those corporate security firms/Security Guards you see at businesses an shit

Sec literally is corporate security.

And this mall cop thing? Sure you can compare em but mall cops don't have to worry people trying to nuke the mall (but i am sure they have to deal with occasional bearded people claiming to be wizards)

These are pretty gud.

Sarcasm.png.e70f6955f5c75e31ec7ccfe1821315d7.png

Sarcasm.png.e70f6955f5c75e31ec7ccfe1821315d7.png

I like the look of our current vests, the red uniform looks snazzy with the current armor. Your armor vest is a little too dark.

Personally I don't like either the /tg/ helmets or our helmets, but I like our helmets better.

I wouldn't mind some sort of armor with extra storage in exchange for less protection. On baycode security gets webbing anyways to go under the armor.

I like these vests. I definitely prefer anything else than current ones, that remind me of WWII bulletproof vests.

Helmets are neat aswell, but I will never use them anyway :P.

I like these vests. I definitely prefer anything else than current ones, that remind me of WWII bulletproof vests.

Helmets are neat aswell, but I will never use them anyway :P.

You mean flak jackets, designed to protect from sharpnel, frags and occasional buckshot blasts? Because the only bodyarmour of WW2 effective against actual bullets (handgun ones) was steel cuirass used by soviet assault troops. The actual bulletproof vest was invented much later. But anyway they look cool and it would be good to have such alternative. Bomb suit from armory is never used anyway.

body_armor_m1969.jpg

acdf7edb360b0e0f8a75dfcbe2acd3ea.png

Here's a new version of the sprite. I kinda made the whole thing a bit brighter and the lines more defined. Also, the badge is nicer. Opinions?

That vest look much better. But I still think the golden badge fit detective more. Make the vest green like current one and you will got perfect replacement for detective vest. Security should have holobadge.

And could you make a vest for brig physician? While still non-combatant he could use armoured vest on blue or red codes. Because you still need to replenish your medicine supply and it would be mush easier to escape from angry revs with weapons if you have at least vest.

Only complaints about the new one are about the badge, so I'll leave the rest alone.

Here are the designs I have and like so far.

Don't judge the vulpkanin, I had no other screenshots on my desktop when i was starting.

b1db61d2cb92ed83bf95acde5c0595b7.png482dbf6cbf3331054a972c37b020594f.png325884ae982e43fd9e89dd5a3533d408.png249b0e5d2f9202bea66bda234b8462b3.png

Which one is the best? Maybe no badge at all?

Combine 2 and 4 variants together. You can choose to show/hide holobadge on your vest as you want. That would be the best for customisation of your character.

And gestapo-like uniforms would be fun as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use