Admin BSA usage

TechDragon

Adminkey: Darkis95

Complaint: During a round earlier today, there were several bombings. I attributed to this simply being an antag with the hijack objective and moved on. As the round progressed, it was more and more chaotic. I joined midway so apparently it started with the shuttle being called by the AI, only to have the escape wing bombed. Round tried to progress to escaping through pods, but the chaos spiked with a declaration of war from a nuke ops, traitor status being handed out at random and (assumed) custom ion storm to force the AI to mess with the crew. While escaping, "oh no! A drunk Russian got control of the BSA console!" which followed by the rapid fire shelling of the station and presumably CentCom. This caused an overall complete destructing of the final portion of the round. ( by which I mean roughly a half hour of events.) I am trying to stay factual as to what happened and being polite. I will make no demands as to action. Only reason I brought this to attention was there were no other admins or mods online at the point of this incident and noticing his status of trial admin, I figured this would effect future actions related to the judgement of his status. (I have no idea, just assumed behavior using admin powers is taken into effect.)

I'll need to get the time down a bit better to get the logs, early on may 5th?

Who was the "a drunk russian got control of the BSA console!" from?

A lot of these things Darkis doesn't have access to, so I'm assuming it wasn't him.

It was not labeled any from anyone, forgive me as I only saw him online at round end. I posted this at 9 and the event happened about 5:30 so hourly difference to match the timezone of the logs.

Took it upon myself to find out what happened and who did this, gathered the logs, currently in discussion in the senior staff chat.

I can confirm it indeed wasn't darkis who did this.

The BSA console usage was my own, yes, not Darkis's. However, none of the shots fired were anywhere near the station, as they all hit the Abandoned Drug Laboratory (I made sure nobody was on there prior), and the action was meant more for comical reasons more than anything else.

The roundtype was Extended and the events (while numerous and albeit I had gone too far in regards to actions with them) were an attempt to increase action around the shift and were not meant in a harmful way as neither a team of Operatives nor a single BSA shot hit the station as it was. Escape was not bombed, it was hit by meteors via an event that was called forth (again, actions of my own, not Darkis, I won't let him take the fall for it). Antagonists were created through my actions through a short window of the shift, and as such, the blame of this does solely fall on me.

I assure you no malice was part of this report. The majority of my reasoning was the belief it was a trial admin causing these events as I was completely unaware of their inability to do so. Given the round type and the circumstances I see no problem now, but it is obviously in admin hands decision wise. I would also like to apologize to Darkis. I assumed based on the endround adminwho. In this case it seems to have made something out of me rather than you.

Me and Kluys have investigated the logs, and talked to people involved.

As Ely said, this is all about him, Darkis had nothing to do with it.

I'm satisfied that none of the adminboose here was done in a self empowering/powergamey way - Ely in no way abused to cheat or gain unfair advantage.

I'm satisfied that the intention was fine, and that it was done to enhance an otherwise extended round and add chaos and excitement to it.

I'm not satisfied with the degree it was done to at all - it was clearly too much too fast, and was clearly excessive. There was too much chaos and excitement, and it began to negatively effect the round.

As this is not the first time I've had such reports, Ely will be put in a probation with restrictions on such activities, to a degree and period to be determined with discussion by myself and server staff. This will involve not performing any form of round-altering actions on the station that aren't to either replace antags who have left for the round, or to fix bugs etc.

Thank you for the polite and objective reports I've gotten here. I've gotten no sense of malice or anything.

For everyone else reading this later, I'd like this to serve as a reminder to please report such things if you think there might be something wrong. We can't go through every days log every day, and we rely on players to report on such things to some extent.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use